Thursday, November 1, 2007

I Am a Stay-at-Home Wife

I noticed this page was moved from Ladies Against Feminism. I found it elsewhere and don't want to lose it again!

~~~~~~


post edited 25 Apr 2014:
A few months ago Mrs. Lanier Ivester contacted me via and asked me to remove her essay from my blog. I was indeed puzzled, especially when there is so little encouragement for ladies who serve as stay-at-home wives. I thought it only fair to share her words with those of you who have said what a blessing this essay is.

Hello, Elizabeth!
I noticed that you have the text of my essay “I am a Stay-at-Home Wife” on your website. While I am sincerely touched to know that it meant so much to you, I am writing to respectfully ask you to remove it from your blog. It was taken down from Ladies Against Feminism at my request for editing purposes—not because I necessarily disagree with my original sentiments, but because I’m uncomfortable with the way I expressed myself in places. It was the first thing I wrote for the internet, and, frankly, I was surprised and blessed that it resonated with so many people, and it was the point of contact for many friendships which I value. There are just some things I would say differently now at over a decade’s distance. As Ladies Against Feminism had first rights to it, I haven’t authorized it to be published elsewhere.

I really appreciate your understanding, and I want to thank you for the compliment you've paid to my words. 

Blessings, 
~Lanier


~~~~~~
 
It saddens me to take the context of the essay down, but I feel like it would be wrong otherwise. I did, however, save a copy of it on my laptop. Hehehe!!

"I am a Stay-at-Home Wife

3 edifying expressions:

Thankful Becky said...

When we first got married, I kept on teaching...and I was miserable.I didn't feel like I had time to be the wife I was called to be.
My wonderful husband said I didn't have to keep working if I didn't want to, but societal pressure (and a desire to save while we could) kept me working.
I now stay home with (and homeschool) my children. I'm right where I belong. (Of course, if I baked bread everyday, I might not have time to blog...so some things have still been sacrificed.) :)

Tereza Crump aka MyTreasuredCreations said...

I read this post a few years ago and I loved her heart. When I married my husband 11 years ago, like this author, I knew he wanted me to be home. I truly enjoyed ministering to him and I still do. Today I cooked his favorite meal: roast!! Now off to my next assignment!! :) thank you for rescuing this text. :)

Barbara H. said...

I was just looking at this through an old link and saw that link no longer worked. I searched for it and was glad to find it here. Thanks so much for reposting this!