Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I promised

I promised myself that when I made this new blog that I wouldn't neglect it. And here I am writing with one full month between posts. I've been so busy that it's really making my head spin. Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning. But then I look back and see where I've wasted time. I wish I had the discipline about myself to never waste one scrap of time; I really don't have it waste.

School is going so well with John. I do need to pray more about my patience though (yes, even though "tribulation worketh patience", I know that. But, even still, I NEED patience desperately, no matter the cost). John is going to attempt his first sentence Thursday. What he has to read is this: Tom can run. I don't know why this is such a big deal to me. I mean, he will have no trouble reading those three words. I guess putting them together and trying to comprehend them is that big deal to me. Ethan is the biggest trouble with school. Having just turned three, he wants to be involved, but is just too little to stick around much or for long.

Lydia has started taking steps. I can hardly believe it. Wasn't she just born a few weeks ago? Besides, the boys were every bit of 13 months old before they started taking steps. Not to mention that she can say Dad, Mom, Bible, bye, and that to name a few. Girls ... sheesh.

Christmas...whew. Well, the shopping is finished and all is well. I usually make Christmas goodies, but where am I going to get time for that this year? I think I've about gotten my dad talked into fixing a traditional Gulf Coast Christmas dinner: seafood! Yum! Turkey once a year is plenty enough for me. Of course, Jeremy's turkey was out-of-sight this year. The most moist ever in all of history, promise. We got off the hook with a Christmas skit at church. You can imagine the load that was off my mind. When it comes to creativity, I have zero. That's not where the Lord chose to bless me. haha Instead, Pastor asked us to just put together come Christmas music. I can do that one. Music is my forte (yes, pun was intended there. nyuck, nyuck, nyuck). But we're going to have to be at church tonight an hour early to practice with the teenagers. That should be a neat trick. It's already a huge struggle to get there at 7.

Did I mention that I need a maid?

1 edifying expressions:

mummynat said...

She is walking... Oh my... time is going tooooo fast.