Friday, February 29, 2008

Fruit of the womb

Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. --Psalm 127:3

The Lord has blessed us with three wonderful children ... and I think he's given us a fourth! I've been just dying to say something, to shout it from the rooftops and get really excited, but I've refrained. I'm completely positive that we're going to have another little blessing, but the pregnancy test was negative. Although I'm sure we're expecting another, the doubt lingers because of the negative test. Time will tell. Which means that we'll have 2 birthdays in February (John on the 25th and Lydia on the 7th) and 2 birthdays in October (Ethan on the 25th and #4 somewhere along the middle of the month). I covet anyone's prayers. In pregnancy, my patience is always worn so thin. Oh, if everything goes according to the way things normally go (ha ha) our children should be space by age accordingly: Between John and Ethan, 20 months. Between Ethan and Lydia, 28 months. Between Lydia and #4, 20 months.

One thing that is slightly discouraging is the negative slant that I've gotten in the few people that I have told. As if this were a mistake. I try to ignore it and cling to God's Word. Which, of course, is always right even when opinions don't agree with fact.

I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully. --1 Timothy 5:14

So then, I've done some work to my blog. Just trying to spruce things up a touch. I re-combined the homeschool blog with this one. It just seems that I don't have time to work on two blogs. I'll be using the labels to organize instead. It really makes much more sense. I want to add a song to my blog by the Daugherty family named Train up a Child. It is such an incredible blessing that it will bring you to tears. I just have to figure out how, as usual!

I need to be off now to tidy up before my husband gets home, but I'll leave you with a photo of a little dress Lydia got for her birthday.

3 edifying expressions:

Susan said...

Oh, I hope you are expecting another little blessing! My sister has 7 children, and you should have seen the eyes roll every time after about baby #3 or so! LOL But we can't imagine life without any of those babies. God bless you!

HsKubes said...

How exciting of the possiblity for another precious one!
Praying for you!

~ Christina

Tammy said...

I am happy for you! Congratulations! :oD

Our youngest one is now 16 months old, so I figure it's about time for another, LOL!

Pay no attention to the nay-sayers and finger-waggers. They have issues, and will have to answer to God for their bad attitudes.

May the Lord bless you during this pregnancy, and give you a safe delivery! Praise Him!