Tuesday, April 1, 2008

moving on ...

Thanks for the prayers. My maternal intuition, which I've relied on heavily through this, tells me that through another round of painful contractions, with God's help and through A LOT of prayer I finished my miscarriage last night. My emotions are all a wreck today. I feel like the whole world is just continuing around me and all I can think of is last night. But GOD IS SO GOOD. I had been asking that He would see to it that my body took care of everything on its own. I was not wanting to have a D&C and I feel pretty confident that I won't have to have one. Now I just feel really drained, physically and emotionally. Praises be to God for answering my prayers and being so near through such a difficult experience.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. --Psalm 46:1

Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. --
2 Corinthians 12:10

John's been such a help. I don't really know if I'm supposed to be lifting anything, but it just seems like I shouldn't. John's been helping me lift Lydia. I want today to try to be as normal as possible. As soon as I finish this update, I'm going to start school. If I feel well enough, I'm going to do some light housework and fix something simple for dinner. I'm asking for strength today. I'm going to need it. I feel like everything is in shambles. I praise God that He's able to bring me through this. It's so amazing because when I feel like I'm just about to fall apart in tears, I can almost feel Him put his arms around me and give me just a little more strength. What a God! The One that made the cosmos cares enough to comfort me. ME! Who am I that God would take time with me?

Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress. --Psalm 71:3

I also have to mention the support from my church family and families sent out of our church who are in full-time service elsewhere. Thanks for the love, prayers, and support everyone. Though, of course, I'm never alone (Hebrews 13:5) I thank God that I have other women to talk to.

My husband has really been my knight in shining armor through this too. God really knew what He was doing when he put us together!

1 edifying expressions:

Karen said...

Elizabeth,

I am so sorry that you've experienced a miscarriage, it's hard ,i know, i've been there myself. The Lord is a great comforter and i will remember you in my prayers.

You have a beautiful family and i wanted to say thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave the comment that you left.
Take it easy and get well soon.
God Bless.