Wednesday, April 30, 2008

whatsoever a man soweth...

That shall he also reap. So the vegetable garden that we have been so thrilled about is starting to pay off. This explains why I have not been available to post lately. I have my hands quite full with trying to keep up with harvesting and "putting up" everything . I don't know what non-Southerners call it...so "putting up" will have to do. Yesterday, I put up 6 quarts of collards and 5 quarts of broccoli. There are several heads of cabbage that need picking ... cutting ... whatever. haha Here are some fruits of our labor.


A few heads of broccoli ... and a sink full to the left.



John showing off one that he says is pretty.

Also, many thanks again to everyone who has been praying for Mrs. Joanna with her astrocytoma. She got her staples out recently and really is acting like herself again.

Then, a note on the youth group. Another reason that I've been out of pocket is planning back-to-back youth activities. Jeremy and I are working on a fund raiser for youth camp. Also, we're supposed to have them over Friday night for a Wii party. The girls wanted to spend the night. Really, I didn't mind them staying, but that's just going to have to wait until after school is out for the summer. Since our school week runs from Tuesday to Saturday, having a sleepover won't work until we're done with school.

I'll do my best to try to post more our happenings more often :) There is so much more to add!

I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. --1 Corinthians 3:6-8

2 edifying expressions:

Elizabeth Quinn said...

Elizabeth,
Growing up we called it canning. Sometimes I miss doing that. I used to help my next door neighbor every summer pick veggies and can. Aww... childhood memories lol
Take care!

Elizabeth Q.

Sharon said...

I am hoping to be able to "put up" this summer. Happy gardening!