Tuesday, May 13, 2008

almost two weeks ago...

...was the last time I made a post. Shame on me! Well, I suppose I'll have to do the best I can to make up for it.

Most importantly is my pastor's wife. I deeply thank everyone who has been praying. Her biopsy results showed that what originally was called astrocytoma has been upgraded to a stage 2 oglioastrocytoma. She and her husband are now praying for direction in elective treatment with radiation. Please pray that God would give direction and that He would give courage and strength with whatever path is chosen.

The garden is starting to be a handful. Thank God that school is almost over. Then those kids can get to work in the garden instead of in their workbooks. Everything is really flourishing. My camera has been at work with my husband lately, or I would have pictures. I'm rather proud of it.

We also had the youth over on the 3rd. During the summer, we try to do inexpensive little get-togethers to help save money for youth camp. This outing we had five teens over for pizza and to play Wii. We had a few more who wanted to come but had baseball or some other plans. Five is good though because it means that everyone gets more play time. Anyway they had a blast.

Our first year of homeschooling is coming to an end. What a roller coaster! I'm going to save the majority of our year in review for another post. What would sum up the year would be "reward" and "learning."

2 edifying expressions:

Jungle Mom said...

I will pray for your friend.

HsKubes said...

Sounds like y'all have been busy.
I pray the Lord will give your pastor and his wife wisdom as they make upcoming decisions.
How exciting that your first year of homeschooling is coming to a successful end. Rejoicing with you!

Thank you, by the way, for your comment. It was a blessing and encouragement to us.

~ Christina