Thursday, May 22, 2008

thoughts on my children

Miss Lydia is really a picture of a thriving 15 month old. She's certainly getting into everything and is showing her age (getting close to the "terrible twos," which really starts well before the age of two, I believe). But what an utter joy she has been.

Ready for our mother daughter banquet at church

Ethan is growing by leaps and bounds. It is just astounding to my how much children grow between the ages of 3 and 4. We're still praying about whether or not to start him in K4 next year, one year early. He can write very well. He knows his letters (most of the time haha) along with their sounds. He can recognize numbers 1-20 and count far beyond that. So what's holding us back? I don't know. Maybe that I'm hoping to be pregnant (again) soon and my patience is so short when I'm pregnant. Maybe it's that I'm scared he won't do well. Maybe it's something else. But, for sure, until we have clear direction, we'll not do a thing.

E-man monkeying around

John is still a typical oldest child. He keeps tabs on the other two. He think that everything they do is his business. He loves to show off. He is a tremendous helper and is still "all boy." He's quite proud of his schoolwork this year, as am I. He learned that a four-year-old little girl at church wasn't using training wheels anymore. He just couldn't believe that he had been shown up by someone younger...and a girl at that. So he rode his bike back to Paw-paw's shed, took off the training wheels all by himself and off he went on two wheels.
rough and tumble, that's my John.

0 edifying expressions: