Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Around the House

Just a few photos from the home.


Blooms from one of our Bradford Pears...from March, actually, before the leaves came back from winter.


Our pink Crabapple Tree


I have no idea what this is...but isn't it pretty?! I picked it up at a local nursery a few years ago.



Zinnias that I planted in the vegetable garden. I don't really have a bed to plant them in and I only wanted them for cutting and putting indoors, so who needs a flowerbed?


This lantana I bought when I bought the white flowers above. I put it in a pot and it died very quickly. So I threw it out in the woods beside our house as trash. I'd say two years later I'd totally forgotten about the plant until I looked out the window. I saw something orange and thought maybe it was an orange or kumquat tree. I was surprised to see it was that silly lantana! We dug it up and brought it back home.


Out of all those flowers, I think that this one has to be my favorite. The picture doesn't do it justice. The center is a very deep red and the white has these intricate ribs going down to the stamen. Some of you may know what this plant is, but for those who don't its an ... ... okra bloom! Isn't that funny?

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. --Genesis 1:31

2 edifying expressions:

Anonymous said...

hey there girlie! what beautiful flowers! y'all could start filming 'little house on the prairie' episodes! love ya, dotty

Cherish the Home said...

Gorgeous flowers! (o: