Wednesday, July 23, 2008

time?!

This isn't exactly a post that's been poured over and thought through. Since I've been out of town, it seems like, forever, I'll give a brief update. Camp was a blast, as always. We had one of our 10 youth get saved. Praise the Lord!! Makes it worth it all. I am definitely glad to be home though. I have tons and tons of details to pour out, but it will have to wait. My current projects include putting Lydia into the "play room," distributing the toys appropriately, and making Lydia's old room/computer room/study into a dedicated school room. It was a big hassle last year having to find somewhere to store stuff, trying to find somewhere to hang visuals, trying to manage with a hand-held 9x14 dry erase board.

I just love how God provides...you know, when we're not even really thinking that it's important. For example: First off, sometimes I "think to the Lord." Which I guess it is praying really but just not on bended knee and with full energy and focus into it. Like I say more like thinking to to God. Maybe it's what is referred to in Passionate Housewives Desperate for God as praying in droplets. Or maybe it's the whole "pray without ceasing" attitude. Anyway, as Jeremy and I were moving toys into the boys' room, (John and Ethan share a fairly small room) I was sort of "thinking to the Lord" and said, "Lord what are we going to do? The kids' beds and dressers take up the whole room and now we're getting rid of the play room. Guess you'll just have to think of something cool because we can't afford bunk beds right now." Well, my mom calls me and says, "Hey there are some bunk beds in the Shopper. Didn't you say a long while ago you'd like bunk beds?" Well it had been several months ago that we were talking about bunk beds, but God called that to Mom's memory and, there you go. I called the man who was selling them and said that he paid over $800 dollars for them and his kids hated them. They've barely been slept on. He said he's moving and has to get rid of them soon. Anyway, problem solved! Next thing is a school desk for Ethan.

Promise more camp info later. I sent in an article to my favorite news outlet, northescambia.com about camp. The editor says that he'll post the article soon. I'll link to it from here once he's posted it.

0 edifying expressions: