Thursday, August 14, 2008

flipping through images

Yesterday I was scouring the internet looking for cute images for my blog. There were scores of images that I found that had this same message, but this particular one keeps coming back to mind. I am not implying that it is cute.



It speaks enough for itself, really. If people want a dirty house, that is certainly their business. But my life is waste if I'm a good housekeeper?

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! --Isaiah 5:20

As for me and my house, today, we are cleaning blinds. We (me and the children) have thus far cleaned 3 sets of 70-inch blinds. Talk about heavy! I still have a few single window width blinds to go. Some of the blinds are in rooms where children are sleeping, so it will have to wait an hour or so.

Here's how it worked today: I pulled the pull cord to make the blinds easy to tote. Then I laid them over the clothesline. John sprayed them down with a mild cleaner in a spray bottle while Ethan hosed them off with the water hose. Lydia played in the puddles. After about half-an-hour had passed I went out to give the clothesline a good shake, to get off excess moisture. An hour later, I brought them back in and hung them up. Well, I hung up two of three. The blinds that go in our bedroom are far too heavy for me to lift and fit into the hanging clips. That will have to be a job for my muscular hubby!

0 edifying expressions: