Thursday, October 30, 2008

Soothing Sleep


My Lydia catching a nap at our Naval Air Museum field trip a while back.

This may not be a topic that's really blog-worthy, but sometimes the smallest things are really worth sharing, I think.

I am so very thankful that lately, say for about a week, the children have had long, restful sleep. Which means, of course, that mom and dad have had long, restful sleep. Jeremy and I typically don't go to bed until 11:00 every night. We would like to get to bed earlier usually, but I'm not usually able to do it while trying to wrap up a bit of housework, sewing, or preparation for school the next day. Plus, Jeremy and I try to make a point each night to spend quality time together after the kids have gone off to bed. We also set the alarm clock for 5:30 each morning except Sundays when we rise at 6:30. Needless to say that doesn't leave a whole lot of time for sleep.

It's even a bit worse when one of the children have a bed night. All of our children usually sleep well. Lydia has sort of been going through this bad dream phase. When she has a dream she wakes up with shrieks of terror. Ethan is still working on holding his bladder all night. He'll typically get up once to take care of things which will always wake me up. For about a week and a half all the kids have slept right through till dawn...or almost dawn. They're very early risers. Today, I'm very thankful of a week of good, restful sleep!

When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. --Proverbs 3:24

My blog posts have become few and far between, I know. Some of it is because I have been trying to sew for Lydia. Jeremy and I actually tried to find store-bought clothes for her last week. HAHA! That was not funny. Instead we just settled on a trip to Joann's. I'm working on converting those purchases into warm winter clothes. (I'm using the word "warm" loosely. Warm for a Floridian, of course!) I promise pictures once I make a bit more headway.


This photo has nothing to do with sleep, but here's me and Jeremy at the Naval Air Museum.

0 edifying expressions: