Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lydia Singing

I don't know how well this video is going to work, because I've never done this before, but here goes. You can turn off my background music at the bottom. Here's Lydia (21 months old) singing the latter part of Jesus Loves Me:

video
Mother's translation: Yes, Jesus loves me. The Bible tells me so.

Other exciting happenings from today:

  • As I was organizing the day's school lesson and preparing this chicken broth that's been simmering all day, John comes in with an arm full of mustard greens and says, "Mom can we have mustard greens for supper?" Well, I guess since you picked them...
  • Ethan has trouble saying his "R" sounds. They typically come out as "W's." Yesterday he said his R's correctly when he was sounding out his words. It's the first time that I've heard him ever, ever say the R sound. He made even more progress today!
  • We're working with the boys to learn their parts for the Christmas program. They are making excellent progress.
  • Lydia is having much trouble during school. She's just not happy to play quietly and alone. I can't play with her. I have 100% no regrets or complaints, but homeschooling with a baby is really challenging!
  • Just through hearing the boys' Bible lessons, Lydia is starting to remember Scripture! What a blessing! Huzzah for homeschool!
  • We're waiting for UPS to bring a big shipment of ammunition. Lots of people we know are stocking up before the President-elect becomes the President of the United States of America. He has endorsed raising taxes on guns and ammunition by a staggering 500 percent. We're getting it while we can...

2 edifying expressions:

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Oh, wow! I didn't know that about the ammo. I wonder if my husband is aware of that?

Abounding Treasures said...

What a sweet video of your little one singing ~ it reminds me of my own when they were that age and I used to do the same thing but with a cassette recorder :o)

Blessings!