Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - November 15, 2008

For Today...

Outside my window...the wind is howling as a cold front comes through. It's very cold here...for Florida.

I am thinking...about what we shall do once Jeremy gets home from work.

From the learning rooms...delving into our usual study of phonics. Both boys have done so well with learning to read. I'm also contemplating if I will use the afternoon to try to organize this room, which is used for so many purposes. Clutter accumulates here very quickly.

I am thankful for...Lydia doing so extremely well with potty training. I'm also thankful for the evening we spent last night with our youth group and for the special little lady we met on visitation Thursday who joined us for our evening.

I am wearing... a long sleeved pink knit top and an old and worn denim skirt. As always, my old faithful tennis shoes. Hair is pony-tailed today.

From the kitchen...nothing terribly exciting yet, but the day is young. Maybe a loaf of bread. We'll be having sweet potatoes tonight. I also need to put up more greens.

I am reading...Unafraid: Mary, Lineage of Grace, vol 5 by Francine Rivers...still :)

I am hoping...that I accomplish all these little goals I have for today. I'm praying that the young lady who came over yesterday will join us for Sunday School tomorrow.

I am creating...simple jumpers for Lydia, who needs play clothes badly.

Around the house...the house needs sweeping up from our visitors last night, but other than that, is in good order. I'm still hoping that we're soon able to paint the house.

One of my favorite things...is the sound of my children getting along well, as they are doing now.

A few plans for the rest of the week...since the week is nearly finished, not much. Hopefully working on the youth Christmas play, having a great day at church tomorrow, and planning for Thanksgiving.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Lydia is swinging on the boys' bunk bed, as we are tucking them in.

1 edifying expressions:

Lisa said...

I enoyed my visit here. You have a lovely blog.
Have a great day.
Lisa~