Friday, December 5, 2008

From Friday to Friday

In case you are seeking something to cook for the holidays, maybe you could consider the following holidays occurring from this Friday to the next:

  • December 5 National Sacher Torte Day (doesn't this look wonderful?)
  • December 6 National Gazpacho Day (why they made Gazpacho day in winter is beyond me!)
  • December 7 National Cotton Candy Day (maybe you could rent a cotton candy machine for Christmas?)
  • December 8 National Brownie Day (I picked the chocolate mint brownie recipe because I looove mint! Oh, and I would certainly buy the alcohol-free creme de menthe.)
  • December 9 National Pastry Day (a recipe for baklava by my culinary favorite, featuring phyllo starring in the role of pastry)
  • December 11 National Noodle-Ring Day (I found this image after searching Google images for noodle ring. It looks like congealed noodles! Bla! The recipe doesn't call for gelatin. Guess it's stabilized by the fat in the butter, egg yolk and chicken stock. Think I'll pass on this one.)
  • December 12 National Ambrosia Day (I never touch the stuff)

0 edifying expressions: