Thursday, February 12, 2009

weather, church, and homeschool

I actually wrote this post yesterday, but didn't get around to posting it. Apologies to all. :)

I really have ten thousand things that I could blog about, but time will restrain me. :( Oh well.

I wish everyone could share this lovely day with us. It's 68 degrees outside with a forecast high of 71. There is a slightly cool breeze and just a few thin clouds above. It is completely lovely outside. The birds were even chirping in our backyard!


The children enjoying the spring-like weather on the backyard picnic table.

Our church had a Valentine banquet last night and it was really nice. Pastor preached a great valentine message. He also took time to recognize marriage. We were blessed to have 4 couples who have been married for 50 years or more. It was also a blessing to see so many of the teenagers pitching in with the clean-up efforts. ...which seemed to take forever by the way... Yes, I've slacked in my picture-taking lately so I don't have any photos to share. It was very much fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it. ...but I was wiped out when I made it to bed at 11:30. Late nights are hard on pregnant people!

What else? Oh, yes. I am very VERY much looking forward to planting our spring garden. I'm not sure exactly what hubby plans on planting yet. We've talked about it some, but Jeremy usually maps out where he's planting everything on a piece of paper, and I haven't seen that yet.


The trees are starting to put on leaves! Spring will be here soon.

I got an email today from onenewsnow.com where they featured this article. I'm not much on reading this sort of thing usually, but the article today. Reading the article led me to watch the "interview" (I'm using quotes because it's more like an interrogation) on YouTube. It's very long: a little over 22 minutes among the three parts. It is down-right scary, I think.

1 edifying expressions:

Sassy and Classy said...

I watched the video. It is scary. Its amazing that you can choose whether or not you want to kill your unborn baby but you can't choose if you want your kids vaccinated or not. Just another reason to home school. Our nation needs a LOT of prayer!