Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What a Sweet Man

Yesterday I was completely down-for-the-count with a nasty case of the stomach flu. (I had every single one of the symptoms listed on that link! Yuck!) I can usually handle typical stomach ailments, but the stomach cramps that came with this bug were debilitating. Now, that part doesn't really matter as much as this next part.

Fortunately, Monday is my husband's day off. He let me take the day off, being sick. I really didn't have much choice to be honest. I'm so grateful to have a husband who doesn't mind running the show for a while. He had all the children, fed them their lunch, supper, and snacks, took them to t-ball, gave them baths, put them to bed. He peeked his head in the bedroom from time to time to check on me, but I typically just like to be alone when I'm sick. What did I do? I slept nearly all day long. I am so thankful for a husband who can (and doesn't mind) stand in Mom's gap.

On a funny note...
I just can't help but share this. One of our teenage girls Sunday was reading aloud from her Bible during the lesson, when Jeremy had asked her to. A portion that she read was 1 Corinthians 15:53. You can imagine the eruption of laughter when, by slip of the tongue, she said, "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immorality." Oops...

3 edifying expressions:

Sharon said...

Bless your heart! I hope you are feeling much better! What a great husband!!!

Michele said...

I hope you're feeling much better now and that is very wonderful that your husband took over like he did!

And I had a chuckle at the quote from the end.--I bet everyone got quite a laugh over that.

Blessings,
Michele

Elizabeth said...

I am finally starting to feel much better. Thanks so much for the well-wishes!