Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Our Latest Blessing Is a ...


If you can make it out, here is our little one. Unless you are accustom to looking at ultrasound images, it can be confusing. This is a 4D ultrasound...the first one that I've ever had. Anyway, our little blessing looks like he's going to be a little man blessing! We are very pleased and very glad that, physically, everything looks in great shape.

It's also been a great opportunity to teach the boys. We, as a family, have been asking for a girl. But acknowledging in family altar that God's will for our baby is what we need. The boys are understanding that although we ask for things that it is better to want God's will, even when His will is not our will. It's already brought on a lot of questions: "Momma, did God hear us ask for a girl?" "Momma, but why didn't God want us to have a girl?" "Why can't God's will be the same as what we want?" These are questions that even grown-ups ask, and I hope that God can use this time to teach the children (and us parents to better understand) that although God's will isn't always exactly what we want, His will is ALWAYS better, good, and perfect.

(edited to add: As I read over this, I just want it to be clear that I am completely, 100% happy with a boy. What I really wanted was the Lord's will. After two boys, we just thought that we would like another girl. Most importantly, we know that His will is being done and there is nothing at all to be the least bit disappointed about. :o) )

Oh, and maybe it stands to mention that I am 30 today. I don't know what the big deal is. I certainly don't feel over-the-hill. And I'm glad to know that I'll be spending my 30th birthday in God's house tonight!

5 edifying expressions:

Sassy and Classy said...

Congrats! You are so blessed!

Tammy said...

Congratulations! What a sweet blessing from the Lord!

And Happy 30th Birthday!! :o) I didn't think 30 was any big deal, either. I still feel like I'm 20-something.

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Happy belated b-day! :)
I wasn't aware that you were expecting. Congrats on the little boy! :)

Sharon said...

How wonderful!!! What a blessing!!!

Happy belated birthday! You are NOT over the hill.
:) Thirty didn't bother me, but for some reason 40 did. ;-) Now I'm only 3 years away from the big 5-0!

Kristi said...

Congratulations on your little boy!! That is very exciting. It's good that you have a desire to teach your children to accept God's will. I have a feeling that once the little one arrives, it won't even matter to them. LOL

~Kristi