Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - May 20, 2009

It's been a long time since I've made a Daybook post!



Outside my window ...

it is so very cold out. I mean, for the end of May in Florida. The windows are all open and it's about 65 degrees out, and very windy with only 55% humidity. Yesterday we got down to an amazing 52 degrees! It feels like October.

I am thinking ...
of organizing the many projects that I allowed to build up during the school year and deciding which ones will be completed today.

I am thankful for ...
God's grace and why it is that He's chosen to bless me in so many different ways.

From the learning rooms ...
there isn't much learning going on in the learning rooms, but learning is a continual process. John is learning to tie his shoes, which is so cute. I find myself feeling his frustrations as he tries and fails time and time over. With that, also rejoicing with his successes.

From the kitchen ...
the kitchen is the place where the excitement is this time of year. Yesterday I canned some peaches and tried a new recipe (which I'll probably be sharing later). Then my Mr. Wonderful and I put up some green beans and summer squash. There is still plenty to do today, including bake bread.

I am wearing ...
denim skirt and a short sleeved, blue and gray striped knit shirt. One the feet we have some very comfortable flip-flops, which will soon be substituted for my tennis shoes. My pregnant feet can't wear anything except tennis shoes for long.

I am creating ...
a dress for Lydia made in the typical "little girl" style and made of yellow seersucker.

I am going ...
to the Lord's house tonight! Other than that, I plan to be home where I love to be!

I am reading ...
Proverbs, Acts, 2 Kings. I've been meaning to pick out a new book, but just haven't yet. Shame, shame!

I am hoping (praying) ...
for the Lord to speak to my oldest son about salvation. He's really put an urgency in my heart for him lately. Also, praying for strength as my blood sugar and iron levels have been low through this pregnancy.

I am hearing ...
Lydia laying in the floor playing. Ethan decided that he was cold and plugged in a space heater. haha!! John is off fishing with Paw-paw and I feel terrible that I didn't send him a jacket. It's got to be cold on the lake!

Around the house ...
my love has been very busy around the house with our home TLC project we've talked about for so long. We are going slow and steady with it, paying cash for everything that we use to work on the house. There is a bit of tidying up to be done and several of my canning tools haven't been put away yet, but all in all, it looks pretty good!

One of my favorite things ...
is to feel my unborn "talk" to me with his little kicks and squirms. What a blessing to have a little one on the way!

A few plans for the rest of the week ...
there is always a lot to do when you have a garden. I hope to go through the deep freezer, organizing it, and throw out last year's green beans. It was the first year we planted them and they are just not good. Unless something terrible happens, we should have plenty for the year. I really need to finish Lydia's dress. Of course, we plan on going out to visitation/soul winning Thursday night.

Here is picture thought I am sharing ...

Just in case you're wondering, it's not a staged photo. :-)

2 edifying expressions:

Lori said...

Thanks for visiting! After reading some Daybook posts, I figured, I might as well give it a try - which I did last week. I really enjoyed it. Last night, I was looking forward to posting today.

Kristy... said...

ok, that is a SWEET picture!!!