Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - July 21, 2009

Outside my window...
we are enjoying lovely weather...for July in northwest Florida. Temps near 85, lower humidity (a tremendous blessing, as it is always so humid here), and a cloudless sky.

I am thinking...
of so much that I have to do before baby arrives (nesting?). The list seems to grow and not shrink.

I am thankful for...
the strength that I have to keep house, to prepare for baby, mother my children and be a wife to my husband. I'm thankful that I'm not on bedrest and that I've never been on bedrest.

From the learning rooms...
we actually started school last week. We're starting roughly a month early, that way we can comfortably take off when baby Josiah is born and not be late into summer finishing up the school year. The children are whizzing right through the early review of the school year and Ethan is doing quite well learning cursive writing, a new task for him.

From the kitchen...
it's been an adventure as the dishwasher has been broken. It's not been too bad though. We've divided up the kitchen duty. John has the breakfast dishes, Ethan the lunch, and Mom the supper. I hope to bake some bread to freeze while we are enjoying the new baby.

I am wearing...
a lightweight linen shirt with some nice embroidered flowers along with a blue maternity skirt.

I am creating...
Lydia keeps asking specifically for a skirt or dress with pockets, so I really want to do that before Josiah is born also.

I am going...
hopefully I plan to go to get Josiah's name embroidered onto his receiving blanket. It's just across the highway, so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

I am reading...
1 Corinthians and Proverbs. I was reading Keeping Our Children's Hearts by Steven and Teri Maxwell, but I've not read much of it since I've been working on baby-stuff. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to it again because it was very useful.

I am hoping (praying)...
that the flies you may remember from my after camp post will GO AWAY! They're nearly gone, but not completely gone. I'm also praying for a safe delivery that provides a healthy baby...and the sooner the better!

I am hearing...
a Scripture reading on FBNradio and some wholesome music to accompany it. The children are napping.

Around the house...
John has been sick with a persistent viral fever so things are not quite so in order as I would like. I suppose that my nesting instinct (even though I don't care for that word when referring to people who have souls...it sounds so animal-like) has kicked in because I see dirt and dust everywhere and it's driving me bananas!!!!

One of my favorite things...
holding my very own newborn baby!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
church tomorrow of course. I need to make more laundry detergent. The youth will be coming over Saturday night.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
I guess I really do have baby on the brain. Here is Lydia 3 days old. We got her dressed up to take her home from the hospital.

1 edifying expressions:

Kristy... said...

what a sweet picture.... I got my Abby all dressed up to leave the hospital too.. and Anna for that matter....

Oh I am so excited for you and cant wait to hear your little baby is here!