Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Waiting, waiting, waiting

Isn't it funny how quickly pregnancy flies by ... until you hit about 34 weeks or so? I still have what seems like forever and ever and ever until my due date. I'm trying so hard to be patient. I know that the longer the baby stays in the womb, the stronger and healthier he'll be. I'm really not too impatient though, honestly. But I will enjoy being shaped normally again!

I really do not have anything to blog about, other than random thoughts and happenings. We had the youth over Saturday night, which is always nice. We took them out "stargazing," which was a lot of great fun! We also had my mom over Monday night for supper and Jeremy parents over for supper Tuesday night, both sort of unexpected visits.

I ordered some red raspberry leaf tea from iHerb. I (unfortunately) don't see a midwife, but many midwives recommend it after 37 weeks to make contractions more effective and to induce labor. Speaking on the subject of baby stuff, I added a link on the side and a banner to The Unnecesarean. I stumbled upon this blog while learning about c-sections (I've had 3 in 4 years). I completely love this blog and fully relate to it. Highly recommended!!!!

We'll be having revival meeting next week from Sunday to Friday. Monday I volunteered to cook supper for the speaker and his wife, Pastor and his family, and my family. I always enjoy doing this. I love to cook anyway! When I volunteered, Pastor asked me, "Are you sure you're up to that?" Well, Monday is Jeremy's day off, so he'll be able to lend a hand or two. Pastor said agreeing, "He'll be able to help you in the kitchen." Well, I raised an eyebrow: "Uuuuuuhhh, no. *chuckle* He'll can help with the children while I do the kitchen." Usually I cook a tremendously huge spread when we have a guest speaker, comparable to something you'd see at Thanksgiving. If the speaker likes lasagna, I think I'll do a traditional lasagna and a vegetable lasagna, along with a nice salad, some Italian flat beans, and homemade dinner rolls or French loaf. Something for dessert too. I thought about posting the vegetable lasagna recipe as a "cooking from scratch" post. But I think the reason I didn't was because it wasn't 100% from scratch. I've never made my own pasta. I have a good idea how, I just never have. It's a LOT of work and very time consuming. Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

I seriously don't know why I haven't taken any pictures lately. I really should. I wish I could be more like Christine at HsKubes'. I think she takes her camera out everyday! I have one picture of Lydia I took about a month ago. Here is Lydia. The children were playing in the water hose and she decided to make a pool out of a 5-gallon bucket.



Last thought. I got the biggest laugh out of Ethan yesterday. There was a Shih Tzu in the backyard. I have no idea whose it is or from whence it came. Ethan tears out of the house, announcing that he's going to chase it down. Well, he gets halfway to the back of the yard and comes back shreaking in fear. The dog was chasing him back to the house. I guess that's not really, really funny, but the little bitty dog was just so little bitty. He looked even smaller than normal because he had a very close summer cut. So here is Ethan, who is almost 5 and is on the bigger side for 5, running in terror as if it was a 25-foot behemoth or something. No, it's not nice. Sometimes those little dogs can be more vicious than a big dog. Looking back at it today, it sure looked funny.

1 edifying expressions:

Kristy... said...

Yes, it does fly by and hten slows down unless you are like me and go at 35 weeks OY.

I love the picture of your daughter in the bucket. TOO CUTE.

and that story about Ethan... TOO FUNNY