Saturday, August 15, 2009

Due in 8 days

I haven't been making frequent posts as I have just not been in the mood to blog. I also don't want to complain, because I have no legitimate reason to complain (as if there is ever a legitimate reason to complain). I am 8 days from my due date. I was truly ready about 4 weeks ago, if you get my meaning. I'll leave it at that so that I don't sound like I'm complaining. I know that a few months from now I won't even remember my impatience with the baby getting here, but for now the days creep by.

I suppose that we have everything ready for Josiah's arrival. It seemed like there was so much to do when John was born and it seems like I haven't done anything. Maybe as you have more children you just realize that all that "stuff" just isn't really necessary? I have my homemade Moby Wrap ready, the crib, the bassinet, some clothes, diapers, modesty cape for nursing...and I guess that's all I need.

I'm going to try to work in 2 or 3 more days of school too. My patience for school is worn. We've gotten in over a month's worth of lessons this summer. We should be able to afford a nice break! John was stuggling a bit at his speed drills in arithmetic, but I think he's got it down now. Ethan's curriculum is turtling along as he remembers everything he's reviewed with perfect clarity. He is very bright, but if he doesn't catch on the first or second time, he gets very frustrated. Learning to write in cursive is going to be a challenge for him. If it's too much, there's no reason why we can't learn it next year.

On a more comical note:
You never know what Lydia is going to say next. John is pretty terrified of thunderstorms. We're constantly telling him that Jesus is going to take care of him and quoting various Scriptures to him regarding fear. Well, Lydia has picked up on it. Though I don't think she's actually scared of thunderstorms (which are a part of daily life on the Gulf Coast), she likes to do what John does. She'll tell him, pretending to be scared, "Jesus keep us safe, John. I 'cared (scared), but Jesus is with you." One day we ended up having a pretty close lightning strike. She ran over to me with panic in her wide eyes and screams "MOMMA!! I NEED JESUS!!!"

3 edifying expressions:

Kimberly said...

Oh it is so difficult to be waiting for a baby to come. Sometimes I felt that knowing that God knew the appointed time, made my waiting even harder! Silly I know. The new little guy will be here be for you know it!

Kristy... said...

OH I cant wait to see pictures of your little Man!!!!!! waiting is the hardest part... tho this time, I never got to the "waiting" part..
But, soon, we will be hearing of his arrival and your birth story? How exciting!!!!

HsKubes said...

How cute of Lydia. I love hearing the things they say!
Understanding the restlessness of waiting. Praying for you. ;o)

~ Christina