Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - August 19, 2009

FOR TODAY - August 19, 2009

Outside my window...
thunderstorms are approaching. I hear thunder rumbling in the distance. Just another hot, humid, Gulf Coast day!

I am thinking...
of things I can do to make my house more of a home. I have a lot of ideas, but none that I really want to implement before Josiah comes.

I am thankful for...
the health I've had especially during the past nine months. I'm also thankful for the kindness of the Lord for giving it to me.

From the learning rooms...
My goal is to get in 2 more lessons before the baby's arrival. That will give us 5 weeks of school that we've completed.

From the kitchen...
Hopefully the people from The Home Depot will be bringing our new dishwasher today. The other one broke over 2 months ago. We couldn't ever get Maytag to do anything at all about it, which broke after just 6 weeks of using it. I don't have any hot water in the kitchen right now, so the things coming from the kitchen are simple.

I am wearing...
a purple short-sleeved shirt, denim jumper and flip-flops.

I am creating...
I made a pink dress after the purple one I posted about. Although I've sort of caught the sewing bug again, I've made myself put away the sewing machine for now to try to make myself use my energy on things more needful.

I am going...
to church tonight. No plans for the rest of the week.

I am reading...
my precious Bible. The Proverbs and Psalms. I read Ephesians this morning and will move on to Philippians tomorrow. Other than that, sadly, still nothing.

I am hoping (praying)...
for a speedy and safe delivery of our new little one and a quick and healthy recovery.

I am hearing...
rumbles of thunder drawing nearer. The children are playing sweetly and quietly.

Around the house...
I've been trying to keep the housework caught up. It looks nice in the house other than a few stray toys. The children also got out all the throws and made a fort out of them which have not been gotten up yet.

One of my favorite things...
my high calling as a wife and keeper at home.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
continuing to keep the housework, especially the laundry, caught up. I may also write out next month's lessons plan. I don't want that to get behind; it's so much work if it does!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Handsome fellow. Notice the cracker crumbs on his shirt!

3 edifying expressions:

Tammy said...

I love this part of pregnancy - the excitement and anticipation! When will the birthday be? Prayers for you as you get ready for the wee one's arrival. May the Lord give you a safe delivery in His perfect time. :o) Love & Hugs!

Michele said...

Josiah is one of my husband and my favorite names.

It's getting close! (o:

Blessings,
~Michele

Elizabeth said...

Tammy,
No later than the 24th. I've had a bit of "show" today, I think and many hard (sometimes uncomfortable) Braxton Hicks contractions the past 4 or 5 days. We'll see if we make it till Monday. Hopefully we'll be going tonight!

Michele,
Thanks! I like it too. Usually we have no trouble picking out baby names, but this one was really hard. He didn't get named until I was about 8 months along! As we would pray for him, the poor dear was just "the baby."