Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Autumnal Equinox

In other words, the first day of fall. As I was reading northescambia.com today, I was reminded of a time when I was little. My mom tried to put the standing egg trick to the test. She actually got it to work! When I came in from school she told us what she did. I was completely fascinated to see the egg defying gravity. She told me not to touch it because she wanted to show Daddy. Well, as the time I was about 6 or 7 and something like that is just too amazing for a little girl to keep her hands off of. One touch and over toppled the egg. Dad never got to see it.

Anyway, if you can wrap your head around the explanation, here's the "why" behind the egg trick.

Maybe we could turn this into a science lesson in the future! :-P

1 edifying expressions:

Kristy... said...

Thats so funny that you touched it anyways!!! lol Tho I am sure your mom didnt think it was TOO funny :)