Wednesday, September 30, 2009

G'bye September

and hello to fall! We have gotten our first cool snap here in northwest Florida. We shouldn't cross the 80 degree mark. When it was only 51 outside at 7 this morning, my kids came in shivering and asking for jackets. Of course the jackets are still packed away and will probably stay there for about a month more.

Yesterday marked the first day back to school after our baby break. Whew, what an adventure. The first year we homeschooled, Lydia was a baby. John was taught K-4 and Ethan was mostly engaged in school too. I guess every year homeschooling will be a learning experience to some degree.

You can imagine, or you may know what life is like right now. It is fun and challenging. It's especially difficult for me because I am a scheduler and a planner. For homeschool, I'm sort of structured. Trying to teach a first grader and a kindergartner, while keeping up with a very active 2 year old and a newborn has been good for me. I'm trying to learn that life doesn't always fit a schedule and that is okay. I'm praising God though for the learning experiences I'm gaining. I'm having to ask for extra patience.

And yes, I do know that "tribulation worketh patience." I once knew someone who honestly told me don't pray for patience and quoted the latter part of Romans 5:3. I understand that when you ask for patience, life will get topsy-turvey. God knows the best way for us to learn and sometimes that is through troubles. Besides, when you read the whole verse and surrounding passages, it's so much more encouraging!!

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
-Romans 5:1-5


There's no need to fear praying for patience. Just understand that when things start going bananas, God's in the middle of it.

Guess that was my self-pep-talk for today!! I've wasted too much time here. :-P

0 edifying expressions: