Friday, September 25, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - September 25, 2009

FOR TODAY - September 25, 2009

Outside my window ...
it's a sunny 80 degrees outside this morning and 90% humidity. It should be another hot day with forecast temps near 90. The weatherman predicts cooler temps by the beginning of next week. Maybe it will start to feel like fall soon. I surely hope so!

I am thinking ...
of how glad I am that Josiah finally decided to quit fighting sleep ... for now at least. I am thinking that it's time to start a Christmas play with the teenagers if we plan on doing one this year. They have said many times that they want to.

I am thankful for ...
how blessed I am to have 4 children and to have a Bible to raise them by.

From the learning rooms ...
still taking a furlough from school. Perhaps we will start back soon.

From the kitchen ...
a very yummy dinner planned for tonight: meatloaf (one of my favorite), mashed potatoes and gravy, butter beans with squash relish.

I am wearing ...
a khaki skirt with an orange shirt. Socks and no shoes ... very unusual for me.

I am creating ...
I got a few new patterns yesterday that I bought from eBay for a great price. I also need to make Lydia a few new dresses with bloomers.

I am going ...
no where until Saturday when we'll be going to my mom's.

I am reading ...
Nice quiet Bible study has been interrupted lately by middle-of-the-night baby feedings. If you have the energy to still get up and have your nice long morning devotions, I'm glad for you, but I don't. I'm still getting in my Proverbs and little bits here and there, but I'm working it in when I can. I've been reading The Duggars: 20 & Counting. Next in the reading queue: Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends.

I am hoping (praying) ... that Josiah starts sleeping through the night soon. Although, I think were are still pretty far from that point. I'm still praying that I get up to 100% soon. I feel much better since my surgery, but still not running at full throttle. I'm praying for the ladies of the church as they attend a retreat this weekend.

I am hearing ... the children playing. I also have Salvation is Created by Pavel Tchesnokov playing via iTunes. Love that piece!

Around the house ... the morning chores are done. There is always tidying up to do. I'm looking forward to getting a new Scentsy fragrance. A nice smell does wonders for the home!

One of my favorite things ... the meatloaf recipe I'm making today! mmmmmm!!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week ...
we have a family dentist trip for Monday. We plan making preparations to plan the fall garden soon. Not too much planned other than that.

A picture thought I am sharing ...

2 edifying expressions:

Mrs. Michele B said...

Josiah is precious, congratulations!

I've read the Duggar's book too and I really enjoyed it.

And I too, LOVE meatloaf, well, at least my meatloaf. LOL my husband only likes mine too, I think meatloaf is just one of *those* things. (o; But I'm going to take a look at you recipe and might possibly give it a try. (o:

Blessings to you!
~Michele

char said...

Elizabeth,
Just wanted to say Thank You for praying for Kalysa. The Lord has once again gone over and above on the blessings. He surprises me over and over with His goodness. Here is an update http://created4homeschooling.blogspot.com/2009/09/god-is-sooooo-good.html

In His Love,
Char