Thursday, September 17, 2009

Favorite Things

I noticed a "favorite things" list in Michele's sidebar and thought it was really neat. I like it because you can learn about the little details about someone. Here is part of my list. I don't think it could ever truly be complete. These are not in order of what I love the best, but in alphabetical order. I also didn't include people; my Saviour, my husband, my pastor...they're just not "things."

A Hard Day's Work
Afghan blankets
Anything ridiculous
Babies
Being a Keeper at home
Board games
Books
Church
Collard greens
Conversations with toddlers
Country cooking (but healthy cooking)
Dry humor (my brother Daniel is the king)
Fall, especially October
Family Photo Albums
Fellowship
Gardenias
Good sales
Homeschool
Hot tea, especially green, mint, and chamomile
Hymns
Large families
Laughter
Mangoes
Making memories
My King James Bible
Natural medicine and home remedies
Old houses and barns
Organ for church music
Peanut boils
Preaching
Pretty, but comfortable homes
Quietness (although I don't get much of it!!)
Reading encyclopedias and dictionaries for fun
Seafood
Sewing
Simple, modest clothing
Smiles
Surprises
Thanksgiving
Things that smell good
Thunderstorms
Vegetable gardening
Well behaved children
Youth and youth activities
Zinnias

1 edifying expressions:

Mrs. Michele B said...

Great list! I'm so glad you did one too because as you say it *does* give you a bit of insight into a person's personality.

Blessings,
~Michele