Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - October 7, 2009

I would really like to incorporate more of these "Simple Woman" posts. I really like them, but sometimes I forget about them.

FOR TODAY ... October 7, 2009

Outside my window ...
it's a sticky 82 degrees outside at 8:30 this morning. Along with a dewpoint of 78 and 89% humidity, our heat index is 90. Very un-fall like weather.

I am thinking ...
of how glad I am that my Daddy had another birthday. Not that he's been ill, but I'm glad that he's been with me for 55 years now!

I am thankful for ...
Josiah sleeping better last night. He still got up every 3 hours, but he went right back to sleep instead of fighting sleep for and hour and a half after finishing nursing.

From the learning rooms ...
we plan on introducing Operational Definitions of Character Qualities in today's studies.

From the kitchen ...
tacos for dinner today. It's one of the Wednesday quick-and-easy meals! I bought a variety of apples to make an apple pie. Don't know when we'll get to that. Tomorrow?

I am wearing ...
denim skirt and an orange shirt. It may not feel like fall, but at least I look like fall!

I am creating ...
a "game day" dress for Lydia. The older boys both have game day shirts to wear with Daddy. Soon (hopefully) Lydia will too. I'm also working on a shower curtain for our bathroom.

I am going ...
maybe to the park today to feed stale bread to the turtles and ducks. We'll also be in the Lord's house tonight.

I am reading ...
Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends. And of course reading my precious King James Bible.

I am hoping (praying) ...
still praying that Josiah starts sleeping through the night soon. Although he's still getting up 2-3 times a night. Continuing to pray for my children's salvation.

I am hearing ...
Lydia and Ethan talk about the pictures they are coloring. FBN is playing on the computer. John just informed me that he's getting a laundry basket to fold clothes. Josiah is in my lap, in and out of sleep.
Around the house ...
housework is sorely neglected right now while things are still so topsy-turvey. The tidying up, as I call it, is still under control, as is the laundry. The mopping, dusting, bathrooms, etc are bearing the brunt of the neglect. I really want to finish the shower curtain to try to help the poor bathroom, which is in a color transition right now.

One of my favorite things ...
the power of prayer.

A few plans for the rest of the week ...
Saturday we'll be going to my nephew's birthday party, who will be two! Typically I would be going to visitation tomorrow, but with a nursing baby, I'm taking a furlough from visitation for a while.

Here is picture thought I am sharing ...

3 edifying expressions:

Kimberly said...

We've been implementing character qualities also, we have family devotions on Monday nights using the character qualities. No, your weather definately is not fall like. Housework will always be there, babies won't! We've been discovering this just by watching our youth pastor's babe once a week - yesterday, my realization was exactly that if we had a baby around all the time we would get nothing "done" except playing - giving attention to the baby! Enjoy them while you can, they grow so quickly!

Kristy... said...

Great pic!
My kids yelled "IS THAT AUNT MINDY??"
:)

Elizabeth said...

hahaha! I am told that everyone in the world has a twin somewhere!