Friday, October 16, 2009

Very Ugrent Prayer Request

We've had this fever virus at home that seems to last about 18-20 hours. No, not the flu. Just a fever. Well, Josiah has a fever now, but it's lasted more than 24 hours. I took him to the doctor yesterday. I called just to ask about keeping little man hydrated through the fever. She was very concerned. Apparently a fever in a baby less than 8 weeks is a big deal. You can still learn something new about children's sicknesses, even when you've had 4 kids! Well, she ordered blood work, which came back good. She tested his urine there at her office which showed a little blood in it. She took the rest of the urine to a lab in town to have it checked for urinary tract infection.

I am not one who is a worrier. I never ever ever call my doctor unless something is really wrong. I'm not to the point of really worrying, but I guess you could say I think it's time we got some serious prayer on this little man. The best case scenario would be that his fever broke and it was just the same virus we all had. But if not, hopefully we can find out what's been wrong with him.

4 edifying expressions:

Tammy said...

Prayers for baby Josiah! Sounds like it could be a UTI, but how strange that would be for a newborn. If you're breastfeeding, make sure you are drinking plenty of water and eating quality food, and feed him as often as he will nurse.

(((Hugs))) and prayers for you both!

char said...

Praying for you sweet baby boy RIGHT NOW!

Sally, Greg and Hannah said...

Praying for you and your little one.

Lori said...

I'm sorry to hear about the illness. I just prayed for you all and little Josiah.