Thursday, November 12, 2009

Homemade Hamburger Helper

If you're like me then you're always looking for another way to make your husband's income stretch. Just as strongly as I feel that a woman's place is in the home, I feel it's also her responsibility to manage her home as effectively as possible. So here's yet another money saving tip I plan to put into practice soon.

Our Wednesday night meal is usually one of these: tacos, spaghetti, hamburger helper, or lima beans and cornbread. One box of hamburger helper is not really enough to feed our family, but 2 boxes would be way too much. Well, I'm probably going to try some of these homemade hamburger helper recipes from one of my favorite websites, ThriftyFun, and see what sort of success I have!

There are a ton of great thrifty ideas on this site!

The Kenny Baldwin messages will be done today. I'll post again when Honey-bunny says they're ready.

1 edifying expressions:

Kimberly said...

So Did the hurricane affect you in anyway???? I'm going to go look at those websites now. One of my favorite cookbooks is Farmhouse Favorites from Rod & Statff- it's full of recipes from Mennonite ladies, using common ingredients, many of the recipes have titles similar to things bought premade or ready to assemble like hamburger helper. Looks like we have a stormy day ramping up here!