Monday, November 9, 2009

Hurricane Ida *grumble*

So, this little hurricane Ida has it's eyes set on my front door. It's really not going to be that big of a deal. I've been through some really bad hurricanes and this one is going to be more like a very long lasting thunderstorm. Remember me posting that Bro. Baldwin was coming in to preach for a youth meeting. Well, we should be starting to get the effects from Ida not too long after his plane lands. I think that our teens are pretty much planning to come, but the youth groups we have invited may be a little gun shy to travel in possibly treacherous weather conditions.

Speaking of youth, I am glad to share that we are up to 12 teens who want a part in the Christmas skit. They all seem pretty enthusiastic still. If our youth meeting goes through, our youth group is planning on singing. They're pretty nervous about though, since we plan on having in about 250-300 youth. They're used to singing for our bunch, which runs about 100 usually.

John's Sunday school class is planning on going to see the Blue Angels this weekend. Since we live near where the Blue's are stationed, we get 2 air shows a year. Their last show of the year is in Pensacola and is this weekend. He is pretty excited as he has never been to see them. Hopefully this hurricane won't interfere. I wouldn't think it would.

5 edifying expressions:

Kimberly said...

I'll pray for God's will in the storm - But I do hope that they all get to go see the "blues", you know I love those guys!

char said...

Ok, if you are refering to KENNY Baldwin-If I had the gas money(and time) for such a trip I would totally drive through a hurricane to hear him preach and I bet most of our youth would be willing to go with me!!! He is AWESOME!!! Hope the storm is not as bad as expected and the messages are better than expected(which is most likly with Bro Baldwin!!)

Kristy... said...

I just LOVE airshows... we have one here on our base every other year, I do so wish it was yearly..
this year, we were able to see the Thunderbirds... SO SO SO amazing...
I pray that Ida doesnt over stay her welcome :P

Elizabeth said...

Yeah, Char. I am referring to the MAN, KENNY BALDWIN. If you look in my side bar under Faith Bible Baptist Church Sermon Archive, his messages should be posted by Thursday evening. And yes, the messages completely exceeded expectations. :-)

Lori said...

I got to hear Bro. Kenny last month at the Nationwide Independent Baptist Fellowship, for the first time. All I can say is AMAZING!!!!