Friday, November 6, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - November 6, 2009

For today ... November 6, 2009

Outside my window ...
it was a cool 41 last night, but the temperature is supposed to get up to near 80 today with nice clear skies.

I am thinking ...
of how glad I am that the Lord provided a nice second-hand swing for us at a great price. The motor burned out on the swing we bought when John was a baby. I'm also thinking ahead to Thanksgiving and hoping that everything works out for us to spend time with both my and my husband's family.

I am thankful for ...
the Holy Spirit of God and how He will guide me into all truth. I'm also extremely thankful that the boys will be beginning piano lessons in January. An answer to prayer. I'm thankful for a great group of teenagers!!

From the learning rooms ...
plugging along in our studies. We are significantly behind with the baby's birth and our hospital stay, but it will eventually get done.

From the kitchen ...
chicken pot pie for tonight. Perhaps some collard greens, also. I just walked out to the garden and the lowest leaves are really getting big.

I am wearing ...
a new red, long-sleeved shirt from JCPenney's. I got a "save $10 on a purchase of $10 or more" coupon. That sounds like free stuff to me, so I hopped on the offer! It's paired up with a denim skirt, socks and tennis shoes. The hair needs a ponytail or something.

I am creating ...
I'm still working on the game day dress I mentioned for Lydia. The trouble has been finding time to sew. I did, however, make her a jumper to wear out in the deer woods.

I am going ...
perhaps nowhere. The children asked to go to the park today, but it depends on how quickly their schoolwork is completed. Yesterday we had "vanschool," so we have some catchup to do.

I am reading ...
Still working on Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends. It's a time issue, as it is with the sewing. I'm also reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, which has thus far been pretty good.

I am hoping (praying) ...
for Josiah to sleep through the night and for me to be patient with him until he does. I'm also praying that we had a good number of our youth turn out for putt-putt Saturday. I'm praying for God's blessings on and good, enthusiastic participation in the youth's Christmas skit.

I am hearing ...
very loud playing from Ethan and Lydia. The other two are quiet, as Josiah is sleeping and John is getting dressed.

Around the house ...
most things on the homefront are still very topsy-turvy. Since Josiah's discharge from the hospital, we have had a revival meeting nearly every night. I will be glad once things get back to normal, but I think it will not return to such until after the first of the year.

One of my favorite things ...
fellowship with Christian ladies. I was blessed to enjoy such a time yesterday at homeschool fellowship group.

A few plans for the rest of the week ...
not too much for the rest of this week. We're planning a youth outing for Saturday and church, of course, Sunday. Monday and Tuesday we are having in Bro. Kenny Baldwin to preach, which I'm pretty excited about.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Daddy has decided that the boys are big enough to learn to drive the lawn mower, which completely gave me a heart attack!


Bed head. :-)

2 edifying expressions:

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad that your little guy is better, PTL! Hey, the younger the better drivers they'll be, plus look at those smiles! And, that's a pretty sweet looking little bed head!

Kristy... said...

I LOVE bed head!!!!! :) she is TOO cute.
and I would have had a heart attack too... I cant wait to see Lydias game dress... how special.