Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What's in Your Purse?

As I was plugging around at different blogs, I came across this post which asked this question: "What's in your purse?" Please read the post, but here are a few excerpts for those of us short on time:

In my purse you may not find make-up, nail files, or mirrors. You may not find lotions or jewelry. There is nothing wrong with having those things, but right now in this part of my life you might find more in my purse that belongs to someone else than belongs to me!

My purse says that I am a Mommy. I may not have much room for my stuff in there, but it is still full, just like my heart!

Okay, so I'll go and get my purse ... Here goes!

  • a receipt for 4 fruit and yogurt parfaits from McDonalds...a treat today for good behavior at the doctor's office.
  • Ethan's EpiPen
  • a toy ring with a teddy bear adorning it
  • a pack of Fun Dip
  • a hospital band from Josiah's birth! wow, that even surprised me!
  • a Pixy Stix
  • tons of candy wrappers. Do they think this is the local trash can!? =)
  • natural beeswax based chap stick for me and the non-peppermint extract kind which the kids prefer
  • a spork (from the last youth outing. Thank you teenagers ... who did that anyway? Erin, did you?)
  • thank you card for people who helped our family while Josiah was hospitalized
  • matchbox cars and airplanes
  • Germ-X in a durable, easily refillable, high volume, and quite ugly squeeze bottle
Things that are not in my purse that are typical purse dwellers.
  • makeup
  • nail file
  • compact or other mirror
  • Tylenol, Motrin, etc ... not my cup of tea
  • lotion
  • hairspray
  • perfume
Things that are actually mine that are in there.
  • wallet
  • cell phone
  • iPod
  • brush ... which is used on all of us if need be
  • my super cool purple iridescent pocket knife
  • keys to the church
  • tracts
  • gum ... I say it's mine, but how many pieces of it do I share??
So what's in your purse?

4 edifying expressions:

Kristy... said...

Ha what a FUN post!

In my purse you will find a mini photo album of my kids and various pictures I have taken. A wallet, recipes, gum, an epi pen for Anna (that is expeired need to refill that one :P)
change for the kids offering at church...a roll of pennies for those times I forget mychange for the kids offering at church.
and gum... strawberry banana extra.. YUMMY.
thats it.. thats all that is in my purse.. boring I know.. but, I have a diaper bag to carry, most often a camera as well and then, my precious baby..
I also dont own a cell phone or any of that other fancy stuff *tho I would love to* at the moment...

Tammy said...

Oooo, it felt sneaky looking into your purse! ;o)

Here's what I've got:

hand lotion, my personal calendar, tracts, chapstick, candy, Halls cough drops, two pens, a pencil, an eraser, a special pigment pen for Bible marking, coin purse, a small tin of Shoshanna Gardens "Eden Salve" for owies, cash, safety pins, and a small roll of toilet paper (ya never know when that'll come in handy here, lol).

I just cleaned it out this morning, so the bits of trash, candy wrappers, and receipts are gone. Also, I take my cell phone out unless I'm leaving the house.

Fun post! :o)

Elizabeth said...

ah! Tammy, I use one of those special pigment pens too. They don't bleed through and I like that. I forgot that one.

Tammy said...

I love 'em! The super-fine tip makes it possible to make tiny notes in the margins, too. :o)

Hey, do you know what the "Eden Salve" is? You know Shoshanna, one of Mike & Debi Pearl's daughters, she has a bulk herbs business and also makes some products to sell, and this salve is one of them. Its main active ingredient is plantain, and the salve is GREAT for taking the sting out of bug bites and scratches. Just a heads-up on a great, homemade product! http://www.bulkherbstore.com/Eden-Salve