As I was plugging around at different blogs, I came across this post which asked this question: "What's in your purse?" Please read the post, but here are a few excerpts for those of us short on time:
In my purse you may not find make-up, nail files, or mirrors. You may not find lotions or jewelry. There is nothing wrong with having those things, but right now in this part of my life you might find more in my purse that belongs to someone else than belongs to me!
My purse says that I am a Mommy. I may not have much room for my stuff in there, but it is still full, just like my heart!
Okay, so I'll go and get my purse ... Here goes!
- a receipt for 4 fruit and yogurt parfaits from McDonalds...a treat today for good behavior at the doctor's office.
- Ethan's EpiPen
- a toy ring with a teddy bear adorning it
- a pack of Fun Dip
- a hospital band from Josiah's birth! wow, that even surprised me!
- a Pixy Stix
- tons of candy wrappers. Do they think this is the local trash can!? =)
- natural beeswax based chap stick for me and the non-peppermint extract kind which the kids prefer
- a spork (from the last youth outing. Thank you teenagers ... who did that anyway? Erin, did you?)
- thank you card for people who helped our family while Josiah was hospitalized
- matchbox cars and airplanes
- Germ-X in a durable, easily refillable, high volume, and quite ugly squeeze bottle
- nail file
- compact or other mirror
- Tylenol, Motrin, etc ... not my cup of tea
- cell phone
- brush ... which is used on all of us if need be
- my super cool purple iridescent pocket knife
- keys to the church
- gum ... I say it's mine, but how many pieces of it do I share??