Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Catching Up

It's been a while since I've made a post about home stuff. Like Kimberly said, "It's the most busiest time of the year!" Well, if you've been a long time reader of my blog, and you have a great memory, you may remember our "classroom pet" we got last year. Well, he kicked the bucket Sunday. It was really bad. You could tell he was dying. If you've ever seen a fish die, you know what I mean. I couldn't stand it and Jeremy gave him a proper fish funeral. There was only a toilet-bowl side service. :-P

So, John noticed first that the fish was gone and asked, "Hey, where is the fish?" Dad replied, "He died." So John looked thoughtful for a bit and asked, "Did he have X's over his eyes?"

What else is going on...hmm. We had some pretty nasty weather last night. That's not exactly exciting news, but was actually worse than Ida was a few weeks ago. Check out what happened to my beautiful Bradford Pear tree!!

After the rain leaves, it's supposed to actually be cold. Shocker...like, just under freezing. I may have to get out my long sleeves!

I showed Ethan the tree this morning and he said, "Mom! It blowded over!" When I showed Lydia, she says, "It's okay Mom. It duss needs some tape awound it."

I still have a great bunch of helpers with Josiah. I don't feel too comfortable with Ethan carrying him around, but he's great at holding him, as you can see.


On the other hand, John is very confident with him. He loves babies. He would sit and entertain Josiah all day long if he could. It would not surprise me if he had a whole slew of children. He tells me, "I want to have as many kids as the Duggars!"


Josiah had such a pile of hair, but after his hospital stay, it all fell out. Guess that was one of the side effects of his antibiotics. I don't think I mentioned that we've been battling eczema since his hospitalization too. We started him on Body Balance, as Ethan does for his eczema. But whereas Ethan's eczema is from allergies, Josiah's is from medicine. Trace minerals are always good, especially since his were probably wiped out. Body Balance is great for trace minerals. We also put him on a pro-biotic since antibiotics kill all bacteria, good and bad. Also, we've been using a omega 3-6-9 blend. His skin looks very much better, although it still flares up. I think we're on the road to recovery with it. My pediatrician asked about the eczema and offered a prescription of Aclovate, which a quickly declined. She did not at all discourage me from using natural medicine. I love her to pieces!

Oh and a tea tree shampoo has cleared up his ugly cradle cap!


My little toddler is quickly coming to the 3 year old mark. She is such a joy. I would love to have another girl, but we will see. People have been asking me how many children are we going to have. I had an exceptionally difficult time recovering from Josiah's surgery. I asked my doctor about it and she said that it was probably from scar tissue, which is expected with 4 c-sections. The Lord knows my heart and that I would love to have a whole house full of children, but we'll have to see how my body holds up.


My sweet husband brought me home a couple of presents last week. I got him to model this one for me. Yes, that is a pink chainsaw on the front. What did you expect from a guy that sells small engine products? Last time he ordered from Stihl, he saw these ladies' shirts and ordered me this one and another one. You might think it's funny, but I really like them.

The community Christmas parade is this weekend. The church is entering a float as we did last year. We actually took first place last year. I really would love to go, but the high that day is only supposed to be 56 with blustery winds, and I don't see getting a little one out in that chill.

How about this for good news:

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: -Philippians 1:6

How wonderful the grace of God that we can even have confidence in the fact that we do not have to perform good works on our own. I've tried to "do good" all on my own and failed. Instead, God will just do all the work by performing a good work on the inside first. Then, of course, what ever is inside will come out all by itself. Just thought I'd share my encouragement for today.

Guess that is enough catching up for now!

5 edifying expressions:

Happy Hermit said...

I am glad everything has gotten better.

Beta's and antibids and they breath air , not just water , so if you sprayed something in the air , smoke near it , or light inscence they can die very easily. They are good indicators of air quality , but more than likely you fellow just had a shorter life span. In captivity they don't live nearly as long as they do in the wild (8+ for beta's)

Just my nickle :) You have such beautiful babies !!

Elizabeth said...

Wow, I had no idea that they breathed air. I don't recall anything out of the ordinary, but with kids you just never know what they could have gotten into!

I think the kids are pretty cute, but my eye is a bit partial! ;-)

Kristy... said...

Thats funny your hubby does small engine repair and works with stihl.. my husband does small engine repair and he works with husqvarna ..they mainly deal with chainsaws ... his dad is a Husqvarna dealer.. wow another similarity of our husbands!
Josiah is getting so big.. and SOOOO cute. what a sweet sweet face.. he looks so different from his last picture.
Your other kids are adorable too, what fun little helpers! How you are about your one holding Josiah is how I am about my Gabe and Kaleb.. I allow Anna to have free reign but the boys, not so much

Kristy... said...

Oh and I am sorry, I just HAD to chuckle at this "but the high that day is only supposed to be 56 with blustery winds, and I don't see getting a little one out in that chill."

Living in Michigan, 56 is considered warm.. lol and I will be dragging mine out in subzero here soon!!! lol

Kimberly said...

Baby looks like he's grown right into a family member!! Love the T-shirt, girls can like tools too! Thanks for the link! As far as family size, the people asking if you'll have more, probably are thinking that you have enough - I know I was asked that, especially after the 5th. The question made me sad, of course I had room in my heart for more children; the reality was that 5 was probably it - people will be people, and will give you there advice as to what the size your family should be regardless!
Hey, it's cold here too- like we might go down into the 20's tonight, must be December. Sad about your little tree, your fish too.