Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December

Well, I didn't post much about home stuff throughout the month of December. It's just such a busy time of the year. So here is a photo walk through of our month.


Here are our teens who participated in our youth Christmas skit...minus one who wouldn't let anyone see him in his costume.


And here they are again letting their true colors show. They're going to KILL me for posting this photo!


We usually do some sort of cookies or other baking project this time of year. This year we made Jesus a birthday cake!


We took the kids to Bellingrath gardens for their lights display. It was very pretty. We wanting to go earlier in the season so that we missed the crowd. We also hoped to go on a Monday (remember, our family's weekend is Sunday and Monday) so that we had less crowd. With the incredible amount of rain we've had we didn't get to go until the 21st. We were still so blessed though because we just beat crowd. As we got in line the line grew by many, many yards. I was so relieved!


Some of the better pictures I took.


The lake behind the Bellingrath home.


Here's a great photo. This is a picture of a proud hunter who killed his first little spike. Yes, HE killed the deer by himself. He'll be good dinner. The deer, that is. Not John. ;-)


Yup, his first kill.

Christmas Eve, spent at my husband's parents' house.


My little cowboys


And my princess.


A princess, of course, needs cowgirl boots.


My bundled up bundle of joy.


Ride on, buddy!


Roller skating...or attempting it.

3 edifying expressions:

Tammy said...

Looks like you've had a fun and busy month of December! Hard to believe 2010 is just about upon us.

Thanks for your encouraging comments on my blog. It's been an exciting month for us, too. :o) The birth went incredibly well, and just two hours of labor. Could hardly believe it. You can read the story here:

http://curiously-wrought.blogspot.com/2009/12/birth-story.html

Love ya!
Tammy

Tammy said...

OH, by the way.. LOVE the pink cowgirl boots!! :oD

Sharon said...

I enjoyed the pictures. I'm hoping to get back to visiting more often.