Thursday, January 7, 2010

Don't Hold Your Breath

Isn't that what they say...who ever "they" are? Well, snow is actually forecast for us here in north Florida. Yes, I said snow for Florida. I have lived in this area my entire life and can honestly say that I do not remember there being snow actually forecast before. Intellicast.com has the highest probability 27% at 3 AM. I still have my doubts, but I would love for it to snow. I personally have only seen snow once in my 30 (nearly 31) years. The last time it snowed I was 13. We had about 2 - 3 inches on the ground and I can honestly say that I've never seen my backyard be so beautiful. It didn't even look real.

Anyway, I hope it does snow tonight. It may be another 17 years before we have another chance!

5 edifying expressions:

Kimberly said...

I hope it does snow for you! What a fun thing for your children! We want some and aren't getting any this year, we had one little thunder shower back in Nov. that brought a few flakes, that's been it, my children are ready and missing it!

Kristy... said...

Getting five inches here.. you can have some of ours! :) I hope it snows for ya!

apeekintoourlives.wordpress.com said...

I have two little boys, that are to the point of praying for snow ! They want it to soooo bad. I enjoyed talking to you today !

Abbey said...

hey i was "stumbling" along here on the inter-webs and found the ultimate Elisabeth Bondurant site.. :) its prob your homepage and your Bible of internet sites already.. but i thought of you.. www.thepioneerwoman.com

Sarah said...

I truly hope that you guys get some snow!

We here in Ireland are getting the most extreme weather this winter that many have ever seen! We are currently on our 20th day without water (at first we were getting about 1 hours supply back per day but now totally nothing for the last two weeks!)and the weather looks set to stay for another week or two?

But on the upside the whole country looks so beautiful! I hope to post some photographs this week!