Monday, January 18, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - January 18, 2010

For today ... January 18, 2010

Outside my window...the weather is truly a blessing from the Lord today: mild, sunny, spring-like. A high of 65 by my thermometer.

I am thinking...of an amazing Creator who devised something like seasons. Did He know that we would grow weary of the same type of weather? Just the time I can't take any more winter He sends spring. When I can't bear any more of our hot and humid summers, here comes fall.

I am thankful for...God's provision. My husband owns a small business and I am thankful that when we have things happen that seem terrible and impossible, He has promised to provide one way or another.

From the learning rooms...Tuesday will begin our school week. Continuing in the "four R's:" reading, writing, 'rithmetic and the (Holy) Record. (okay so that wasn't such a clever rendition of the three R's, was it)

From the kitchen...still trying to stick by our goal of a more healthy diet. We are still doing fairly well of eating organic meat and diary.

Before you ask, no, we are not vegetarians. The Bible clearly teaches that the animals were given to be food for man. But too much of a good thing is simply not good for you!

I am wearing...
denim skirt, tennis shoes (big shocker), teal long-sleeved shirt and ponytailed hair.

I am creating...a black and white skirt and top outfit for me. I'm brainstorming some ideas for Easter dresses.

I am going...Wednesday night for our prayer service at church. Thursday we'll be heading to our second piano lesson for the boys, and the church's chili cook-off is on Saturday night.

I am reading...here and there through my Bible, but Proverbs is always a focus of study. Nothing else than the Bible.

I am hoping (praying)...that our new methods with dealing with a nearly-5-month-old boy who insists on midnight snacking with Mom will soon pay off.

I am hearing...the children playing outside and music of the Crossroads Choir (home church of Kenny Baldwin) on hubby's iPhone.

Around the house...hubby is working toward painting the trim in the living room. It seems like everything is breaking. Once something is fixed something else breaks. Not complaining, but that doesn't mean I like it!

One of my favorite things...being a mommy and wife and realizing that life for a woman has no higher calling than that of a keeper at home.

A few plans for the rest of the week...hmmm, I think I've covered the upcoming work in the previous sentences.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

my biggest helper

0 edifying expressions: