Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lots to Post!

This post will probably take me the majority of the day to complete, so I better get started!

I really should have uploaded some of our snow pictures by now, but I haven't. I did get the little movie my husband took with his iPhone. It's so funny because ANY time that he has a video camera, he just has to commentate. He sent me a ton of other movies too. Maybe I'll get those up. The snow was really exciting. It really doesn't snow here often. The last time we had any accumulating snowfall was 14 years ago. I didn't even live here then and wasn't married yet. The last time I personally got to enjoy any snowfall was 17 years ago and I was only 13! My kids really loved it. John and Ethan will remember. I don't think that Lydia will, and I know that Josiah won't. LOL!

Here, a bit before noon, it was coming down pretty good. Unfortunately, it didn't last long.
A close-up of snowfall on the van.

Then it started sticking. The kids were excited.
Then a friend of mine from church brought her kids up to my house. She lives about 20 or so miles south and it wasn't snowing there. When she arrived, we piled up into our cars and went a bit north of my husbands shop (where the video from the last post was made). There was a whole lot of snow there!
We went a bit farther down the road to this big field. Lots of people there! You can't tell it, but the big snow man is actually a snow PIG!!!!! If you click you can sort of tell. I laughed and laughed.

Speaking of snow, I also learned (being a mother and housekeeper) that snow is some kind of MESSY! I mean that was such a slushy mess. I had to keep a towel by the back door to keep the kids from slipping down. Then bundle the kids up and unbundle them, bundle and unbundle, bundle and unbundle. Which, mind you, isn't easy since we just don't have super warm clothes. I was so blessed in that my boys had their quilted hunting coveralls and waterproof hunting boots. But Lydia, bless her heart, had nothing! Cotton tights under cotton stretch pants under a long skirt, then shirt over shirt over sweater and that was about all she had. She doesn't even own a pair of mittens! Josiah really doesn't have anything except a blanket. It's fun for a while, but it would be okay if it didn't snow for another decade!

Today my heart meditating on "walking in the Spirit." I was reading Galatians this morning and read these Scriptures:

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? -Galatians 3:3

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. -Galatians 5:16

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. -Galatians 5:25

Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. -Galatians 6:1

I think of all the times that I am impatient, unhappy, discontented, and the like. Here we see that walking in the Spirit will keep my from fulfilling the lust of the flesh. Thank God for a completed Word that teaches us and speaks to our hearts!

2 edifying expressions:

Deborah said...

Love the snow pictures... I'm from Manitoba Canada, so we have much more here!
I was searching for blogs about conservative christian music, and landed here on a post you made last year. I'm also IFB, so it was nice to come across your blog.
I hope you can stop by one of my blogs sometime. I have several blogs listed in my profile, my personal blog, my music blog, and our group blog, the KJV Blog Directory.

Anonymous said...

You are a great and in detailed blogger. I love your blogs so much, they are very encouraging to me. Your kids are adorable as well.