Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - February 9, 2010

For today: February 9, 2010

Outside my window...cold, wet, slightly windy, cloudy and altogether yucky!

I am thinking...of my brother who is 29 today.

I am thankful for...a joyful heart. Having genuine joy is a place that I struggle. I am thankful that God through prayer has richly helped me to be a joyful mother of children (Ps 113:9)

From the learning rooms...the children zipped through school today which was a great blessing to me as our house is in need of some attention!

From the kitchen...we were blessed with an unexpected dinner guest in our home yesterday and I was very pleased that I had made plenty of red beans and rice!

  • Tuesday - lentil casserole (nice vegetarian meal, very filling)
  • Wednesday - chili
  • Thursday - leftovers
  • Friday - lasagna
  • Saturday - (looks like I accidentally skipped it when I made the menu this week...oops!)
  • Sunday - dinner at church
I am wearing...long sleeved teal shirt, black corduroy skirt with bright knee-high socks and tennis shoes

I am creating...still working on this skirt and blouse for me and having trouble finding time to work on it.

I am going...Wednesday night to church, Thursday to piano and visitation in the evening, maybe Saturday to my mom's (maybe that's why I didn't plan a meal for Saturday night) and of course Sunday to church.

I am reading...I spent a lot of time this morning just meditating on Psalm 40:17: But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

I am hoping (praying)...for my oldest. For a very long time the Lord had been dealing heavily with his heart for salvation. There are just some parts about salvation that he just doesn't understand. It's a constant prayer of mine.

I am hearing...Lydia is jabbering to herself about something. Josiah is napping and the older boys are off with Paw-paw, so all is mostly quiet.

Around the house...as I mentioned I need some housework to be done. Especially with the bathrooms and floors.

One of my favorite things...seeing people accept Christ as saviour. It was a tremendous blessing to see a teenager dear to my heart accept Christ Sunday night. Thank God that He is so merciful and loving!

A few plans for the rest of the week...other than the plans that I've already mentioned, probably make some more baby food later this week. I can't think of much else.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

You know you're really getting big when...

you lose your first tooth!

1 edifying expressions:

AbundantlyBlessed said...

I'd love the recipe for the lentil casserole!