Thursday, March 18, 2010

Another Attack Against Our Daughters

After I dropped the oldest 3 children off with Nanna and Paw-paw for an afternoon of fun, I was listening to the radio on the way home. A news break came on (SRN News) and they mentioned Planned Parenthood handing out literature to Girl Scouts, some as young as ten. The brochure is entitled Healthy, Happy, and Hot. I refuse to discuss it in further detail, for lack of time and lack of ability to stomach it. I looked for a write up on SRN's website, but couldn't find it and don't really have time to dig. Here is a snippet that I did find.

http://www.c-fam.org/publications/id.1589/pub_detail.asp

This was so disgusting to me that I loudly gasped and covered my mouth in shock as I was driving.

4 edifying expressions:

Kimberly said...

Wow! That's so fourthrite! We're not a Girl/Boy Scout fans.

char said...

Heard the same thing on our morning radio program. DISGUSTING!!! One thing I don't understand is why the parents sent their girls to the "no adults allowed" event anyway. Obviously adults were allowed just not the girl's mothers or adults in their life that may object to what they would be taught.

Lori said...

I have not heard this until now. I am not surprised!

We have had Jamie in Cub Scouts in the past and thank goodness was not exposed to anything questionable. Our pack was a very conservative group of families and kept this kind of thing out.

Once we get back to Montana, we are planning on starting a pack through our church, where we will be able to not have this type of "education" being taught to boys.

My husband and I was shocked at reading that brochure on the link you gave. We can't believe that there will be moms who allow this to enter their daughter's lives.

mummynat said...

10 - 14 ???? I would never let that sort of smut get mixed in with 'education' for any of my daughters, i am disgusted.