Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Good Wednesday, Not Good Friday!

Photobucket

"Good Friday" seems to be the day that most observe the crucifixion. Have you ever thought about it? I can't count more than a day and a half between Friday evening and Sunday morning. It is my personal belief that Jesus was crucified on WEDNESDAY, not Friday. I would love to put this into my own words, but I just don't have the time...especially when I easily found a thorough article on it. Enjoy!

"What Day Was Christ Crucified?"

5 edifying expressions:

Kimberly said...

I agree with you that the church calendar, is off on Jesus' Cruxifiction time line... God's blessings on this Holy day.

Candy ♥ said...

Thanks SO much for your comment on my blog! :) Its so nice finding new friends. We have a lot in common from reading your profile.

Candy :)

Tammy said...

Amen, Sister! We are teaching our people here in Guatemala about that. It takes time to undo years of false teachings, but we're just stickin' to the Bible.

Aliene said...

If anyone can count they would know that Jesus was not crucified on Friday. Like you said ~it does not add up. Since the Jewish Sabbath was on Saturday ~ it can easily be confusing, unless we believe that He was crucified on Wednesday.

Zsuzsanna said...

It's always encouraging to know that others don't blindly follow whatever false doctrine may be popular.

My husband preached a sermon on this a couple of years ago, you can find it here if you are interested:

http://faithfulwordbaptist.org/040906a.mp3