Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More Garden Fun

It's that time of year again. Yesterday was potato planting day. This was such a blessing to us because this was the first time that the children actually did everything by themselves...with supervision, of course. Lydia sorted out the potatoes that had good sprouts and eyes on them and brought them to the boys.


The boys then used Mom's flip-flops to space out the potatoes and put them in the dirt.


Then they each took a hoe and covered the potatoes. Now, we did have to go over the rows and be sure that everything was properly covered, but they did a fantastic job!


Josiah has decided lately that his favorite thing is to blow raspberries. Love it. If you blow raspberries back at him he giggles and laughs...too cute!


And also we have lots of things budding here in the country:

Apple trees!


Blueberries!


And satsumas!


Well, I don't see blooms on the satsuma tree, but it looks good.

3 edifying expressions:

Kristy... said...

HOW FUN!

My husband made a beautiful gated garden last year for me.. but, being a rough summer, we never got to planting.. I cant WAIT to start my garden this year!
Lots of Cucumber *for pickles* and tomatoes for salsa! YAY
your post made me EXCITED for spring! well, I didnt need much help~
Your kids are too cute!

Kimberly said...

It is not planting season here yet! Our weather took a turn into winter, we woke to a beautiful, {yet plant killing} full frost! We are waiting. Old man winter, has decided to make an appearance after all.

Lori said...

I can't wait for us to dry out, so we can plow. All the rain we've had this winter, I'm not sure when that will be. Hopefully soon!

I love seeing your children working in the garden. Such fun!