Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - March 18, 2010

For today - March 18, 2010

Outside my window ...
it is far too cold. Our average high is 71. The current temperature is 52. It is so uncharacteristic of our weather. It's cloudy and yucky.

I am thinking ...
of how gracious God is to not only love me, but to bless me.

I am thankful for ...
our friends, Phillip and Jamie, who are down for a visit. I am thankful for their friendship over the years.

From the learning rooms ...
going through textbooks quickly today, as it is piano lesson day.

From the kitchen ...
looking forward to trying out another new recipe tomorrow for salmon steaks. Yum!

I am wearing ...
a red short-sleeved top with a demin skirt. With the longing for spring, I would love to get out some summery clothes, but it's still too cold!

I am creating ...
I finished my dress for Resurrection Sunday and am going to start Lydia's this afternoon. It's the first time that she and I are going to have matching dresses. I'm excited about it. I thought I'd try it now while she's little and doesn't care.

I am going ...
to take the kids to piano lessons today.

I am reading ...
my sweet, sweet Bible!

I am hoping (praying) ...
for the Holy Spirit to move in the hearts of my children. Also, that God continues to provide for our family, as I have a prayer need right now.

I am hearing ...
Josiah playing in his toy basket, Lydia is talking to herself about the picture she is drawing. The older 2 boys are riding bikes outside and giggling together.

Around the house ...
I've made some good progress on Mt. Washmore, but the living room and kitchen is looking rather cluttered. Oh well, where no oxen are, the crib is clean, right?

One of my favorite things ...
spending time with family.

A few plans for the rest of the week ...
We are planning on having a fun night out with Phillip and Jamie this weekend. Then to church and to minister at the nursing home on Sunday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

This is my husband and his grandmother, Louise. She celebrated her 87th birthday the same day we had John's birthday party. She is very lively, drives herself anywhere, and is in great health. And yes, Jeremy really did put 87 candles on it ... and then lit them ALL. And yes, it did make a scary plume of black smoke.

3 edifying expressions:

Kristy... said...

"it is far too cold. Our average high is 71. The current temperature is 52. It is so uncharacteristic of our weather. It's cloudy and yucky."

Must be global warming~~ HA HA HA

A Joyful Chaos said...

I enjoyed your daybook! The cake is lovely. Do you have a picture of the plume of smoke? ☺

Elizabeth said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Unfortunately, I don't. I was juggling the camcorder and the camera. The fire and smoke are on the camcorder and I can't get the footage onto the computer to publish it. But let me tell you, if you had seen it your eyes would have widened!