Friday, April 9, 2010

Birthday Blessings

I sure had a great birthday yesterday. I think what made it so special was all the well-wishes I received. Let's see if I can name them all...

  • call and birthday card from my husband
  • "happy birthdays" from my children and a card signed by them
  • birthday card made by John
  • call and card from my mom
  • a separate call from my dad
  • call and email from my mother-in-law
  • well-wishes from my father-in-law when I called to talk to Jeremy (they work together)
  • call from my sister-in-law
  • birthday texts from 4 of my youth girls
  • birthday text from one of the youth guys
  • well-wishes from one of Jeremy's co-workers when I called to talk to Jeremy
  • call from one of my mom's closest friends ... they've been friends since third grade, I think.
  • call from one of mom's former co-workers ... they don't even work together anymore!
  • card from my uncle and aunt who live about 2 hours away
  • card from my husband's aunt
Normally, birthdays come and birthdays go without much hoopla. It made me feel so completely special to have so many people just say a simple "happy birthday."



Happy birthday card from John.

2 edifying expressions:

Sarah said...

The cards that children make are always so sweet..as they usually put their whole hearts into everything they write.

I'm glad you felt very special on your birthday Elizabeth!

God Bless

Kristy... said...

ok my blog roll is crazy sometimes.. this post JUST showed up...
SORRY SO LATE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!! Glad you had a great one!