Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Poll!

It's been a good while since I've done a poll. Polls are fun, I think. It's over there on the sidebar if you're interested.

So then...my little seven month old Josiah finally started crawling on his hands and knees. I thought for sure he would have done it by six months, but he's apparently rather uncoordinated! Since the end of February he's been doing the crawling motions hands-only. Then he'd do it legs only. Now, I will say that he's been getting around just fine with belly crawls. A few weeks ago he made it from the living room to the kitchen doing belly crawls! So, he's finally got it down...full fledged hands-and-knees crawling. You know what that means...

Ready...?

Set...?!

CHASE BABY!!!!

And that also means the child training moves up to a different level. With us, here is where the gentle correcting "no-no's" have to turn into more serious NO! It seems with ours a gentle tapping of the hand with a stern but gentle "no" is sufficient. Usually... LOL

You may think I'm crazy, but I think that the more children you have, the more you enjoy and appreciate them. I was sitting in the yard watching the other 3 play and having the baby in my lap. I was thinking of how fleeting Josiah's baby days are. When we only had one baby, I had much to learn about dying to self. The more I learn to serve others, the more I learn that my life is to be lived first for God and secondly for others. The more I give of myself as a mother, the more complete joy I have in serving my family. I thought I knew about this teaching (JOY - Jesus first, Others second, You last), but having children shown me, and is still showing me, how much there is to learn about what is "the joy of the Lord!"

2 edifying expressions:

Kristy... said...

Go Josiah!!!!

I know exactly what you mean about appreciating it more with the more you have.
My husband made a comment the other night *teasingly* that, I always have Gaily girl on my hip... I told him "that is because, I know by watching Anna that it goes by WAY TO QUICK" and I am trying to soak it all in.
Now, I no seasoned parent only having a 7 year old, but I do know that you blink and 7 years are gone.
Abby is remaining a baby for my sake I think.
She isnt crawling, she isnt even rolling from Tummy to back yet. BUT, when sitting in the upright position, she does go down on all fours... so, it will be soon... and a NEW fun begins!

Tammy said...

Fun times! Can't believe he's already so big. I agree with you about the more children you have, the more you appreciate them.