Saturday, May 1, 2010

Gulf Oil Spill

The Gulf oil spill has weighed heavily on my mind. Many of you know that I live in northwest Florida. The spill is supposed to reach my hometown by Monday. I can't imagine how this is about to change local life. You're talking about a place where lots of folks have seafood for Christmas dinner instead of turkey or ham.

What disgusts me is that lack of answers. Maybe it's not the lack of answers that angers me as much as it is the fact that no one seems to care what happened. Doesn't anyone else think that it's weird that on the news there is no talk of how it happened? There's not much theorizing. There's not really any talk of how they're going to cap off the leak. I hear talk of the environmental impact, but that's it.

Here's a thought I am entertaining. And just to warn you, it's a *gasp* conspiracy theory! I'm not a conspiracy theory nutbag, but I do believe a handful of them. But that's another post for another time. :-)

Was the Gulf Oil Rig Explosion a Deliberate Attack on America?

1 edifying expressions:

Kimberly said...

I obviously need to check in with a better news service; I had heard that there was a spill that was being burned off, I think that was from the Christian radio station I listen to, in the AM- I didn't know anything about the platform exploding, burning etc... It does appear suspicious. There is a refinery in our area that is currently shut down due to an explosion that killed 7 workers. Hmmm, what's going on?