Thursday, August 5, 2010

Guess My Riddle

If you follow the traditional wedding anniversary gifts, you receive silver on your 25th wedding, pearl on your 30th, etc. If we did that sort of thing, which we don't, I could have given/received a gift of tin or aluminum today. If I lived in the U.K. I would have received tin or coal. (coal, seriously?!) That said, I put forth this riddle: How many years are my husband and I celebrating today?

Give up?

Ten!

Yup! Today we celebrate ten wonderful years together. My sweet sent me a lovely surprise today also.



Aren't they lovely? It was a very special treat. I really love fresh flowers. They brighten up the whole house!



He sent ten stems, one per year. (Which took me a minute to figure out. Don't tell him, sometimes I let my blond show) Each and every one looks just this nice, too. Roses are so much better than tin. LOL!

Thanks for ten wonderful years, honey! I'm looking forward to each year being better than the one before.

4 edifying expressions:

Kimberly said...

Congrats! On ten years! Tin or aluminum- he could've gotten you a sauce pan or a skillet LOL! The "Blues" are in town this week, although we are not planning on going out to watch this year (the weather forecast is for clouds, cool and a little rain) plus I feel like things get old if we do them over and over, it's more exciting if they are once in a while! Enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Congratualations on ten years of marriage. What a blessing. May the Lord bless you with many more.

Glad you are back to blogging. Enjoy your site very much.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on your tenth wedding anniversary Elizabeth! What a wonderful milestone for you both!

The roses you received were absolutely beautiful!

God Bless

Kristy... said...

Oh HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!

what beautiful Roses!