Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - November 2, 2010

I don't know why I don't do these day book entries more often. I really love them, I just forget!

FOR TODAY - NOVEMBER 2, 2010

Outside my window ...
A nice autumn day: cool, cloudy, slightly breezy. Wonderful weather.

I am thinking ...
or rather reflecting on our church's ladies' meeting last night and the wonderful time of fellowship around God's word we shared.

I am thankful for ...
the fact that the Lord Jesus didn't discard me through all the times that I would have.

From the learning rooms ...
need to catch up the children's reading. We're using the opportunity of election day to teach our kids about the election process.

From the kitchen ...
for dinner tonight, some grilled chicken and some other wonderful things that we put up back in the summer. I may surprise the husband with some fresh picked collards and kale.

I am wearing ...
nothing too special today: blue shirt, denim skirt, Crocs and hair up in a blue flowery kerchief.

I am creating ...
every bit of me longs to be sewing, but alas, I am sewing nothing. I haven't the time right now.

I am going ...
church Wednesday night, birthday party and baby shower Saturday.

I am reading ...
reading is something else that has been lacking as of late. I keep picking up books and then not finishing them. I'm typically such a bookworm.

I am hoping (praying) ...
a friend of mine has a very serious finger infection. It is the matter of prayer that I am most focused on right now.

I am hearing ...
Ethan trying to wrap up his worksheets. John and Lydia are taking a break from schoolwork outside.

Around the house ...
the house is in need of some TLC as we recover from the weekend (Sunday-Monday for us). Laundry is everywhere! lol

One of my favorite things ...
my Scentsy Autumn Sunset candle that I am burning right now. Wonderful! Scentsy: wickless, sootless

A few plans for the rest of the week ...
not a lot of plans away from the house this week. We may attend a revival meeting at a sister church during the latter part of the week, but we shall see.

Here is picture thought I am sharing ...


A picture of the boys and the girls for old fashioned Sunday a few weeks ago. It's kinda funny because these are normal clothes for us (except me), but not normal to wear to church. I sort of joke that what we normally wear to our church regularly is old fashioned since people at our church dress up for church instead of going casual, as is so common today.

2 edifying expressions:

Aliene said...

Love the old fashion look. We have old fashion day Sunday. I guess i am kind of old fashion as I am. But I might put my hair in pigtails and wear an apron over something and put on my old fashion bonnet. Never know.
we go to a Fundamental Baptist Church in Livingston, La. Bro. Rusty Sivertooth is our pastor. And the best. I invite you to check out my blog and i would love to have you as a followerer.

Sarah said...

I love the photographs you shared Elizabeth! You and your daughter looks simply beautiful! Very Laura Ingalls Wilder!

The boys clothes too are so sweet...but yes for our family also, denim dungarees (I think you call them overalls?) are normal everyday wear anyway!

Lovely post...I have never thought to do the 'Simple Womans Daybook' posts...but I may start to do so when our little bundle arrives and I don;t have much time!

Glad you and your family are keeping well - God Bless