Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - December 9, 2010

FOR TODAY - December 9, 2010

Outside my window ...
It's so cold outside!! We had a low of 25 last night. I hope the cold didn't get our satsuma tree.

I am thinking ...
of how I am going to organize all the many things that I have to get done this week.

I am thankful for...
God being patient with me. Why can't I be more like that?

From the learning rooms ...
We are going to put a wrap on this week of school, then we are going to take three weeks off for Christmas. We can do that...hooray for homeschool!!

From the kitchen ...
some goodies to take to our Sunday School Christmas party. I know a pumpkin roll for sure, but I'm not sure what else.

I am wearing ...
my favorite long denim skirt with a maroon long sleeved shirt. Too bad it's not a sweatshirt!

I am creating ...
for now, I hope to be getting on the sewing machine once the kids are out of school. It makes it sort of hard to sew with Josiah right now. He like to plunder through the sewing box and he doesn't nap for more than 2 hours a day, making time a little scarce.

I am going ...
to take the kids to piano today, then to the herb store to get Ethan some more licorice root.

I am reading ...
Colossians, Proverbs, Zechariah

I am hoping (praying) ...
for Ethan. The kids all caught cold this week. John and Lydia are well over it. Ethan is still limping along, poor thing. The only time he has asthma trouble anymore is when he gets a cold.

I am hearing ...
John is aggravating Josiah and Josiah is making ugly noises at him. (just keeping it real) Lydia is singing to herself. Ethan is tapping his tea cup (he's drinking a cup of Gypsy Cold Care by Traditional Medicinals)

Around the house ...
We are very much struggling with getting this last week of school. I only just decided yesterday that we would be taking off three weeks instead of two. They (we) need it. The laundry is caught up, but the rest of the house has been more neglected. Hopefully we can band together and get the place shipshape.

One of my favorite things ...
being a MOMMY!!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


From our vacation. This is the children sitting outside the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta, GA.

2 edifying expressions:

Tara said...

I really enjoy your blog! The Daybook thing is a really neat idea! I love the "keeping it real" part! It sounds alot like my house! =)

Sarah said...

I really love your new blog layout...very festive! I've said it before I think...but those 'Simple Womans Daybooks' are such a great idea! Sometimes I want to post an artucle but I just can't find the time!

Its pretty cold here right now, and snowing which is pretty unusual for Ireland!

Hope you and your family are staying warm indoors and enjoying the festive season!