Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook - January 25, 2011

FOR TODAY - January 25, 2011

Outside my window...
cloudy and dreary, but not too cold.

I am thinking...
why is it so hard to little boys to keep their minds focused on schoolwork?

I am thankful for...
The baptismal service we had yesterday. One of my teens got saved and was baptized, along with another man in the church. I'm also thankful for Josiah turning 17 months old yesterday. Where does the time go?

From the learning rooms...
I think I've decided that my kids are worksheet-oriented kids. I have made worksheets to help them with their health, science and spelling curricula.

From the kitchen...
a good one tonight: grilled fish, salad and homemade rice pilaf.

I am wearing...
light blue sweater, jean skirt, purple Crocs (lol, don't tell)

I am creating...
Saturday I made Lydia a new nightgown. I have used this pattern brand and size with Lydia before, but it turned out SO HUGE. I mean, it would fit John, who is nearly 8.

I am going...
no where until church Wednesday. To quote the song A Homeschool Family by Tim Hawkins, "We never leave our dwelling..."

I am reading...
still trying to catch up on reading the Bible in 6 months. The flu really got me behind.

I am hoping (praying)...
that I'm able to help the boys with some issues we are having with chores lately, mostly involving the constant nagging I'm having to do to keep them on task.

I am hearing...
Josiah fussing and babbling at the other kids.

Around the house...
The house is in need of some real TLC. It still looks like "the weekend" around here. Laundry was caught up Friday and now it's seriously behind!

One of my favorite things...
kisses from my kiddies!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
You know me: my plans almost always are church on Wednesdays and Sundays and a trip to the grocery store either on Saturday or Monday. ;-)

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Here's something that Josiah has recently started. You ask him a question and he raises his hand. What makes it so funny is that my kids have NEVER raised their hands in school, so I don't know where he could have gotten it from. I had just asked him "Who loves Mommy?"

2 edifying expressions:

A Joyful Chaos said...

That picture is so sweet! Aren't little children such a blessing?!

Aliene said...

That is such a cute picture. When our son was a baby he heard someone shout in church and turned around and said "Cock a doddle do." Guess that's what it sounded like to him. That was over 50 yrs. ago. Some toddlers at church even now will raise their hand. Just mocking what they see.
Enjoy your "little blessings." Time passes so fast and they are grown.
Blessings!