Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Boys:5, Girls:2

Just popping in to let everyone know that, although it has been three weeks since my last post, I have not fallen off the edge of the earth, nor been abducted by aliens, nor have I quit blogging. I have been BUSY!!

I plan on making a "real" post once we get past Thursday. We have evaluations on Thursday. Here in Florida that means turning in your lesson plan, list of curricula used by teacher and student, list of books read by student, and submitting a portfolio of sample work. In some things I am very motivated, but my middle name is procrastination with I have to get all this and-of-the-year riff-raff together. It's just annoying. It makes me want to tell the state to get off my case because I'm doing it right.

So, you see the title of my post: Boys:5, Girls:2. Last week I had an ultrasound, and I was utterly shocked that we are having a BOY this time. Everything thus far has been just like Lydia's pregnancy and has also been so opposite from when I carried the boys. More than a few times I've been asked, "Are you disappointed that you're having a boy?" This is so baffling to me. What on earth is there to be disappointed about? We weren't "trying" for girl, we weren't "trying" for a boy, and we weren't even "trying" for a baby. We were blessed with a baby. God knows what we need. From the ultrasound, everything looked great: heart, heart chambers, heart outflow, stomach, kidneys, brain, bones, growth, etc. How could anyone be disappointed over that?!

The past two days we have enjoyed temperatures of about 72º. It's a breath of fresh air since we've had drought and temps of 95º lately. The windows are open and it feels so nice. It'll probably be the last time the windows will be opened until mid or late October. I'm really enjoying it.

There is so much I could share, but it'll have to wait until I have more time. :-)

8 edifying expressions:

Kimberly said...

Good to hear from you! A boy! I'm sure he and Josiah will just be the cutest little buds!

I've been wanting to tell you that we've found a new church, it's an IFB church, I'm thinking that we've been Baptist all along but we just now figured it out.

Sarah said...

Oh Elizabeth how wonderful that you are indeed expecting a boy! I hope that you are enjoying your pregnancy!

Pity about having to turn in portfolios in Florida...here (at present) we must only have one initial assessment and then a follow-up when the dept of education remembers us! Ha! Good luck, I hope all goes well for you!

Thank you for your comment today...it mean't a lot to me! They really are like a pack of vultures at the moment and it has been a little upsetting. But I am glad for ladies such as yourselves who are such an encouragement to me! Thank you!

Bobbin Aubins said...

How exciting to have another boy! Boys are great, just like girls:-) I was thinking of you recently when I had come across another lady who had similar births as you. Thought I'd share, I love hearing about birth stories! http://www.manymcdaniels.com/

Elizabeth said...

Kimberly,
How neat that you're going to an IFB church. I like the way you worded that "...we just now figured it out." LOL Did you hear about the 20/20 special on IFB churches? I didn't see it, but heard about it here: http://kristi71.blogspot.com/2011/04/of-ifb-churches-and-birthdays.html

Sarah,
The portfolio garbage is the hugest stress maker and time waster. I'll be glad when this year is officially done. I wish it was like it is in Ireland. I want to tell them "I'm doing it right, so get out of my hair!"

Oh, and I'm so sorry you're having to deal with the vultures. It's such a nuisance and annoyance.

Katerina,
Wow! Mrs. McDaniel's situation does have some similarities to mine. The blog was a real encouragement. I've been dealing with some anxiety with facing section #5. I keep telling myself that God has me in the palm of His hand. Every little pain or achy muscle gets me in a tizzy. Thanks for the encouragement!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the news of expecting another boy! How exciting. Do you have any names picked out yet?
God Bless You!

Elizabeth said...

No names yet. We tend to wait and see what name will fit him best. At this point we would need to name him Paul Hamm! He is a super wiggly worm.

Sarah said...

Elizabeth, I just wanted to thank you for putting up the link that you gave to Kimberly! I just took a peep!

We too think we may have found a new church...we have just been having family Bible time at home since we left the fellowship. There doesn't appear to be any IFB churches near to us but we have found a Baptist church...so we are hoping that we will be happy there. I also didn't know where we fitted before but have now realised that our beliefs are Baptist. I haven't blogged this as I found it exhausting blogging about the last church and the issues we had. We are praying that we will be happy there and that we will meet some like-minded families!

Kristy... said...

YAY for a new beautiful baby boy! I know those out there personally that really do prefer to have girls over boys. I love having both and couldnt be more thankful that the Lord saw fit to give me each. I cant wait to hear more about your pregnancy and names and such... And, Lydia gets to stay the princess :) what a lucky Gal!